- dacarte3 you have positive igenex test. why do you keep on talking about
ALS ? I understand people that dont have a positive westernblot can think they might have that, but i dont see why you do ?
- flagyl used alone is a poor choice for a cyst buster will lead you nowhere, you need very hi doses to see any progress, based on the MIC of the drug. I used 1500gr (tinidazole) for 6 months and did not feel much of a difference.
- Where is your intracellular protocol to tackle bart and myco ? It is known doxy alone does not treat intracellular proteobacteria, you need double or triple intracellular regimens.
- i tried herbs for 2.5 years and i relapsed badly, with a lot of neuro issues. I dont believe herbs work as first line treatment any more. Sorry but i think there are too many variables around to play with herbs. Herb source, herb potency, herb quality, the amount of rain in that season, etc.... Chances are you are either using too little herb or a herb that does not work well. You can use herbs with abx or herbs post abx treatment to keep you from relapsing, but i believe abx are very important for people that are very sick and even Stephen Buhner recommends antibiotics for severe neuro issues. buhnerhealinglyme.com/symptoms/severe-derealization/
- do you have a lyme doctor ?
- my suspicion with your condition is you have untreated bartonella or mycoplasma, or both.
After 2.5yrs of playing around with herbs, I was put one month ago on rifampin+mino+azithro. In a matter of 2 weeks all my eye symptoms vanished and half of my brain fog was gone. This was BEFORE i started mino, so just on zithromax+rifampin. That is tell tale bartonella.
One month in, and my brain is almost brain fog free ! The difference is enormous. Knock on wood that it will not come back, we will have to see what happens in a few months time...
Please dont stay like this and ask yourself the ALS/MS question over and over again while you play with herbs that may or may not do much. Get started on multiple intracellular antibiotics ASAP, especially with your positive tests for the bugs.
I respectfully disagree with some of this. I don't believe abx are the "be all" answer for lyme/etc. Just as you have had herbal failure, we have had abx failure, despite trying for many years (too many!) with a bunch of combinations. (We are not the only ones who have failed with abx.) My experience with long term abx is extremely negative, personally. I have very huge regrets for some of my kids being on so many of those harsh abx with terrible side effects. They clearly failed most of my kids.
In the end, abx did not get Kid#1 well at all. Far from it.
In the end, abx completely failed Kid#2. He was on abx proactively for mild symptoms of lyme for years beforehand, and then he completely tanked despite that and continued to get worse on the abx. I regret his abx usage, as well. And I'm grateful we are no longer on abx for him, as he has slowly been getting better off the abx with herbals and other alternative treatments.
For the Kid#3, he was "under treated" with a single abx for some months, and he responded amazingly well. But he relapses off/on, but he is much better than last year. He has said to me that he feels great and that he feels the lyme is gone now.
After dealing with this for many, many, many years with numerous people in my family affected/treated, I no longer see things black or white. Abx definitely have worked for some people, whereas herbals have worked for others. I definitely, in our situation, do not want to pursue abx treatment at this time, but who knows what the future will bring. (Abx definitely have their time and place!) Abx has severe limitations and some pretty serious side effects, so I speak up about
that. Having said that, herbals have their share of concerns to me, as well, but I am very drawn to how they help the body heal and function better (which is a limitation of abx).
My bottom line - I feel people need to do what is best for them. It's always important to remember that what works for one person may or may not work with another (OMG - this is so my kids!).
Best of luck to everybody in finding the treatment that works for them.
Kid#1: Extremely sick for several years, very difficult to treat, but doing great now!
Kid#2: Very sick now despite being treated for years, still very bad
Kid#3: Generally good but relapsing off/on.
Me: Adv Labs positive 2016 (suspected I passed to my kids)-not as sick as others, mostly battling fatigue and yeast issues (heart/kidney issues resolved)
Treating with herbals now.