Hi, sorry you're going through this- I feel so lucky that I tested positive for Lyme & barttonella ( and suspect a few more) . How awful it must be trying to puzzle this all out!
Your symptoms sure sound like Lyme & co to me, but I don't know enough about
mold sickness to understand if all these symptoms could all be only mold related.
The big round skin rash sounds like an EM- a telltale Lyme symptom! I had one , but didn't realize what it was until years later looking online & seeing another person who had one that looked like mine- it wasn't the classical bullseye- it was more of a big SUPER bright pink round rash.
As far as the mold goes; I'm not sure if it would be an option as this is your place of work and not your own house, but I've had several experiences with mold and found cleaning up areas w/ suspectedmold spores with white vinegar mixed with tea tree oil to be even more effective ( and much healthier to breathe) than bleach
. You can put it in a spray bottle and just kinda go crazy with it. (I'd still use a mask though) just to be on the safe side. The other nice part about
using vineager/teatree is that you can leave it on the surfaces if you want to, no need to rinse. You can also add other essential oils , i.e.) lavender, Oregano , etc.
If you're worried about
this mans clothing bringing in spores you could wash his clothes in regular laundry detergent with the vinegar/ tea tree oil added .( if he's ok with that!)
Last of all, you could get a Heppa (sp?) room filter - there are a wide variety to choose from, some very effective for keeping mold out of the air & also from spreading. I'm guessing it that might not be a realistic option at work though, unless you spend most of your time in one area.
I had pretty bad mold at a neighbors house & my own several years ago. We used bleach & tea tree oil to clean her house & no heppa filter -we all got sick.
When it was time to clean the mold out of my place, I got the heppa filters running prior to beginning the cleanup with viniger & teatree. Made a HUGE difference !
Ps. Just an additional thought? Do you have sensitively issues with detergents as well as mold & Lyme & co? Because I do- and the symptoms of feelings of 'dust on face & some crawling sensations ' do remind me of some of the beginning symptoms I had in relation to certain detergents. I do believe these sensitivities are caused by Lyme & co & possibly exasperated by mold- but thought it might be worth considering in your case as you try to rule everything out...
Best of luck figuring things out !