I have it in my cupboard, and I've been hesitant to use it. Ingesting oils is sooooo controversial. So, it sits in my cupboard until I change my mind. : |
I've used olive leaf extract previously, as I've read how powerful it is. It did nothing for me. (Neither did monolaurin/lauricidin.)
This is because alot of these oils and fats, including monolaurin, do not make it into the blood after being taken orally. I could not find any evidence on monolaurin being effectively absorbed into the blood so I had to research things about
What I found is that monolaurin gets bound up as a triglyceride type ball with other fats. that ball type molecule gets into the bloddstream and once it is taken apart by cells... the monolaurin is taken out as lauric acid. It never gets to the blood in a useful form.
DMSO is also hard to use for these purposes. For OoO mixed with DMSO you end up really really smelling strongly for hours. I believe that the oil gets into cells locally with DMSO on skin but may take days to disperse into the body if it doesnt evaporate back out of the skin
DMSO with monolaurin... The monolaurin will dissolve in dmso although It does take some time. the issue is once you add water the whole mixture becomes a soap. So I applied it to my skin anyways, it basically made a soap film on my skin.
the best bet is liposomal OoO. or any liposomal oil thats is effective against lyme in vitro