2 Month Review. In this review I will have my one month status compared to my 2 month status:
Two Month Review (Neuro-lyme/symptoms):
1. Muscle Weakness - 1 month: Gone. 2 months: Still Gone
2. Muscle wasting - 1- month: halted. 2 months: still Halted
3. Muscle building - 1 month I wrote: re-introduced exercise. Muscle strengthening and growth occurring. However there isn't any clear "new" muscle being built, just strengthening and growth of existing muscle. But only re-introduced exercises a few ago, so even if brand new muscle were to be built it would still take a lot more time. Muscles growth happening quicker due to "muscle memory" (I use to work out a lot, the muscle cells retain "memory").
2 months: Working out 5 days a week. Muscle strengthening and growth continuing. The growth is filling out the areas that wasted. It's still not brand new muscle generation but the growth is substantial enough that it fills in the voids left behind. I think some of this is "aging" that lyme causes. I may have the body of someone 10 years older as far as muscle layout however like a person 10 years older than me you can still improve what you have and still look and feel great.
4. Muscle twitching - 1 month: 90% gone (this symptom use to be frequently throughout the day, daily).
2 month: 99% gone. I may have a mild twitch or two per week versus constantly all day long daily.
5. Off balance, wonky and wobbly legs - 1 month: 95% gone (very rarely happens and when it does only for a few minutes).
2 months: 100% gone.
6. Head fog - 1 month: 90% gone (even during a lot of mental exertion the head fog stays at bay).
2 months - this one is interesting. It's still 90%+gone, however huperzine A plays a key role in this. After I stop taking this daily (for it's claim it's best to pulse this so I take it every other day) the days I don't take it is when short term mild to moderate head fog tries to creep in for about
30 to 60 mins. But the days I take the huperzine A it's stays away and mental abilities are heightened.
My mind is so much clearer and works faster. It definitely boost cognitive function. It almost feels like the brain gets a turbo boost. I can think faster, process so much more information. Because of this it actually makes me more intelligent and articulate. I totally understand why graduate students are known to take this nootropic. It's important to note that this occurs with out feeling "high". It's a very natural feeling. You feel like you but just super sharper.
7. numbness and tingling (hands and lower arm) - 1 month: for me this only happens while sleeping. In the last 3 weeks since my last update this has only happened two out of the 21 nights. This symptom use to happen every night when I went to sleep or even took a nap during the day.
2 months: Same. Happens one night every two to three weeks. I'm still trying to find a pattern of what makes this happen sometimes but most of time it doesn't happen. I pretty much have the same routine daily so it's very strange. What on those nights are different? Is it something I eat some times? Is it because I didn't detox enough. Is it because I forgot to take something? Or is it simply because everyone once in a while a herx happens as the body tries to filter out toxins in these 2-3 week cycles?
I dont' know. I can't pin point the pattern with this symptom.
2 month conclusion: this protocol works and if you've been following this thread it makes logic and scientific sense why it would. Not often when it comes to lyme can we confidently say we really understand something or what to clearly do about
it, but I believe this protocol is an exception.
I still believe this protocol is to help promote a better bodily environment to reduce and detox neuro toxins thus helping these symptoms, but ultimately the root cause, lyme and co, itself, needs to be addressed.
The roots and foundation of lyme treatment still must be performed correctly.
Reminder of my overall lyme treatment/protocol:
1. ABX for a good first punch. Was on multiple abx for 2-3 months
2 Herbs daily for the past 6 months.
1. Japanese Knotweed
2. Cats Claw
7. Chinese Skullcap
9. Buhner's Immune tonic (Rhodiola, Schisandra, Eleuthero)
11. Red Root
13. Milk Thistle
3. Diet - gluten free, low carb, no processed sugar. Daily Chaga mushroom tea. Daily probiotc foods - Kimchi and other Korean fermented vegetables (radish, bean sprouts, and cucumbers).
4. Neuro/CNS protocol - Huperzine A, Fish oil, Alpha GPC Choline, EGCG
5. Vitamins - D, E, NAC, and Zinc
6. Detox - Daily Lemon water; daily epsom foot soaks
7. Anti-fungal (because of all the abx and herbs)
Basically, be the healthiest person you can possibly be. And that's going to make you significantly better even if it's never at the pre-lyme level. 80-95% is still better then feeling and looking like death (I've been there). That's really the "answer" to lyme.
Lyme (Igenex) - Positive IFA and WB bands 23, 31, 41
Mycoplasma (Labcorp) - Score: 595
ABX Treatment: 03/2016-04/2016; 7/2017-9/2017
Buhner Protocol for Lyme and Mycoplasma: May 2016 - Dec. 2016; 8/2017 - Present
Post Edited (dacarte3) : 12/20/2017 7:52:03 PM (GMT-7)