If the Dr. wasn't lyme literate - you were most likely given too low a dose of doxy.
Are you taking the doxy now?
I suggest you seek out a LLMD and schedule an appointment.
In the meantime - you can develop a good detoxing regimen. You will want to start with a few methods and every few days add in a new one..until you are detoxing with multiple methods daily.
Make sure you are drinking lots of water every day.
Are you taking probiotics daily?
A liver support supplement should be taken daily, as well. Eg. Milk Thistle seed extract.
You can start those right away.
Here are some more ideas:
- add fresh squeezed lemon into some of your glasses of water.
- take warm epsom salt baths
- dry brush your skin prior to baths and showers
- Take Nutramedix Pinella and Burbur
- Take a binder - eg. Activated Charcoal (must be taken a couple of hours away from food, meds, supplements)
Here is a link to a website with detoxing ideas:www.tiredoflyme.com/detox-methods.html
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi