What she can also do is start a detoxing regimen.
Start with a few methods...and gradually add in more - one by one every few days until she is detoxing multiple methods daily.
Often it is the toxins from the bacteria (of the infection) that cause inflammation, and the symptoms.
Detoxing, will help with the clearing of the toxins.
Immediately she can start with:
- Drinking lots of water daily
- Taking something to assist her liver with detox (eg. Milk thistle seed extract)
- taking probiotics to improve gut health
Then every few days add in something else...some more ideas:
- Adding fresh squeezed lemon juice into some of the water she's drinking
- Taking warm epsom salt baths (NOT HOT)
- dry brushing the skin prior to bathing and baths. (
opens up the pores to allow more toxins to exit)
- Get plenty of rest - good sleep every night
Here is a link to a website with more detox ideas:www.tiredoflyme.com/detox-methods.html
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi