I haven't made any moves on checking the cortisol, I am kind of mentally paralyzed. My leave runs out in about 4 weeks and therefore my insurance may change. The primary doctor I have under my insurance has been very stand-offish with me (long story) so I really don't like the idea of driving 15 miles for an appointment for her to ask about my cholesterol or something and argue with me about my complaints...it's crazy...I would ask my lyme doc but then it will all be out of pocket. I just don't know what to do right now.
I just find it odd that I started getting the bart streaks and more insomnia when I added the houttunyia. I was kinda sorta hoping that it would peak at some time and maybe some of these symptoms would start to recede. Somethings gotta give, but with my lyme journey so far every time it has gotten hopeless I have had a breakthrough that left me feeling like a big baby for worrying so much. So I suppose it is possible I will see improvement on the sleep in a month or two?
I keep wondering if I'm going to need to ask about rifampin at my next lyme doc appointment in order to push through as much Bart as I can since I don't have unlimited time or money. The good news is, I've been trying to keep up on my detox so the houttunyia fatigue and other herx symptoms aren't out of control anymore (thank you thank you!)
The serotonin thing is frustrating for me since I have an MAO methylation mutation which I believe keeps my serotonin pinned high, but with the potential to flip from high-low if conditions are right (great right?) So I tend to not put much hope in serotonin remedies for myself.
I definitely need to somehow learn to surrender a little bit more and reduce my anxiety about all of this. In the past when I was fed up with a symptom then it wasn't long before it improved. Well, I'm working on not worrying so much.
Thank you for weighing in Traveler! I'm still drawing inspiration from your healing!
Well, we know that these infections definitely mess with our ability to sleep, for some it's Lyme, for some it's Bart and for some it's Babesia.
I do hope you are right in that it's just the timing of the Houttuynia or something similar and that it's not your adrenals - just keep that in mind, in case. You don't want it to go on for a long period of time because the longer a person waits to address adrenal issues, the harder it is to climb out of that hole -and let's face it, we have enough holes to climb out of!!!
So, here's hoping that it's as you suspect and that it will clear up soon!!! But, if not, please do find a way to get some testing done, even if you have to pay for it yourself. There are some labs where you can request your own testing, and they may or may not be less expensive than what your LLMD offers. Just let us (or me) know if you need those links and we will be happy to provide them for you. You can find them here: /stopthethyroidmadness.com/recommended-labwork/
And please do check in and let us know how things are going!!!!
Herb only treatment for Lyme & Bart ended 12/11 - no active symptoms for 2 yrs -Herb only treatment for Babesia ended 12/12www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=30&m=2977364
Had Lyme, Bart, Babs, RMSF, Ehrlichia, Myco, Anaplasmosis, EBV
New set of infections 8/2014 - still treating.
Come visit me: dogwoodtraditionals.freeforums.net/