I just started seeing a new LLMD. He is not yet sure either. But I have only had tthe initial consult with him. He is waiting for the results of the 40 plus vials of blood I gave last week to come in. 40 plus! Dude is thorough.
It's not because they didn't find Lyme in the fluid. It's because there were no markers indicating an infection of any sort. Just markers indicating inflammation. So their thinking is that if there were any coinfections or spirochetes causing the inflammation that there would be some markers such as elevated protein levels and such. But, my neurologist thinks it's possible for lyme to still be the culprit.
I'm split. If it's being caused by lyme/coinfections, I will need iv treatment. But the thing is, we aren't sure. Stinky situation.
I have had two tests done. Neither through Igenex. First test came back with 3 IGG bands positive and 1 IGM positive, and Mycoplasma only coinfection. Second test which I had done in December came back 1 IGG band positive for Lyme, no IGM. And IGG positive for Babesia, Bartonella, and Ehrlichiosis. I believe the Babs protocol Dr J put me on in November woke up the Babs cause that was the highest positive of all the coinfections.
I wouldn't use the spinal tap info to make the decision. i didn't have any markers in inflammation in my blood...or anything suspect...although I did not have a spinal tap.
What were the three bands? Lyme specific ones?
What did Dr J say about
the lesion? Lyme? Or was the lesion found after you saw Dr J? (Sorry - can't remember timeline - just remember he recommended IV abx)
So are you questioning Lyme? Or just wondering if the Lyme and co's caused the lesion?The bands were Lyme specific.
The July 2017 test came back positive IGG bands 23, 41, 66 and IGM 41. My most recent test came back only IGG 66 positive. However, it was the most recent test that had positive IGG Babs, Bart, and Ehrlichiosis.
Dr J attributed the swelling of the lesion to Lyme and Co. However, I had not had a spinal yet.
I'm not questioning Lyme and co. I know i have it. What I am questioning is if the lesion and the inflammation in from Lyme and co. If it is something else, then oral abx should be fine for treating my Lyme infections I'm assuming. But, if it is from Lyme, I need IV.
The thing is, I was having some weird issues already before the tick bite. Nothing too major. Chronic, very occasional ocular migraines and calf fasciculations. But, since the tick bite, the migraines took off and the fasciculations have gone insane, not to mention all my new symptoms.
I have a theory that I may have had this midbrain lesion for a very long time. The Lyme and co have irritated it making it swell... But, where I'm stumped is there should be some signs of infection in my spinal fluid. Not necessarily Lyme specific infections, just some type of indicator. I'll go over it next month with my LLMD.
I have read mixed reviews about
my new LLMD's practice. I have been twice. And so far I am thoroughly impressed. He has me coming in weekly until my follow up visit. I am going in for nutrient IV infusions and what he calls "Brain Detox" IV infusions. He puts a strong emphasis on overall nutrition. His clinic has a Quest lab inside it and a supplement shop right next door that carries all his recommended supplements and herbs, which, most of the time they sell cheaper than you can find elsewhere. A big plus is that he is only 90 minutes away. Dr P used to work side by side with Dr J and they still correspond on a somewhat regular basis.