make sure the hospital doctors run all the possible tests on you to determine there is nothing else wrong with you.
if you do get a "clean" health bill then yes that was a herx and yes it is good news for you, it means you:
a) have lyme, in case you were still not 100% sure
b) you've hit it hard and with the right treatment. congrats.
c) you will feel much better in time, when the infection levels drop and your immune system calms down. it's not gonna be any time soon, but you are on the right path
this is of course valid if there is nothing else wrong with you. every time when you have bad reactions like these and end up in hospital , you must make sure there is nothing else going on.
i have had episodes like this in the past, during treatment, and yes several days are OK then BANG it hits you. the reasons for this delayed explosion of symptoms , especially for chronic patients, is complex:
a) after years of infection , the lyme bacteria hides in tissues not in the blood and when you start a new treatment, the tissue drug/herb level is growing but not as fast as the blood levels, so it takes time to build up to a toxic level for the spirochetes to start to die
b) your detox systems keep cleaning up the dead bacteria and toxins for a while and are not immediately overwhelmed. but when they are, you feel this like a sledgehammer
please do let us know how you feel, we sure hope this was a herx and not other health problem.
Post Edited (mpost) : 3/11/2018 5:33:11 AM (GMT-6)