First and foremost correct the source of the mold. You cannot combat mold when conditions remain that will promote new growth. Do not ignore the leaky roof or other areas where water will continue to collect.
REMOVE the mold or remove yourself from the moldy home. This task is best left to someone who is not sensitive to mold. Damaged drywall, insulation, and other obviously mold contaminated porous items must be replaced. If it is spongy and large, like carpet, throw it out because you wont be able to decontaminate it. Some mold Horror Stories are available here: http://www.toxic-black-mold-syndrome.com/MOLDSTORIES.html
There are ways to clean semi porous items such as wood and tile but they do not involve bleach which is mostly water and will promote regrowth. There is a way to clean books and other small items that I will cover below.
We have ordered several HEPA filters and will attempt to remove the residual mold first as this has been helping with inflammation.
My current levels of inflammation are directly tied the amount of mold spores inhaled. I proven this to myself beyond a doubt by carrying a HEPA unit keeping it 5 feet from me into every room I am in and experienced a significant reduction in inflammation.
The following are the most reasonably priced units with the most extensive and relative features I could locate. We ordered 3 to use in addition to the smaller units we now have. When they arrive the smaller units will go into rooms less frequented. airpodcleaner.com/Products.htm
(Note: the company made good on my previous issue. I am happy with the quality of these.)
These units filter to 1 micron. More info on these units: https://aliveairpurifier.com/alive-air-video-help/
If anyone comes across a unit that cleans more air volume faster (please let me know) this would be the only reason to justify spending more.
Stop new mold blooms using Concrobium Mold Control Spray (or similar made with Thyme Oil) which crushes the spores, kills them, and prevents regrowth. This is best done with a cold fogging machine to get full coverage and saturate hard to reach areas. We used one identical to this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-BULLET-TRIPLE-JET-FOGGER-ULV-NON-THERMAL-COLD-FOGGER-PEST-MOLD-MOSQUITO/352296234413?hash=item52067dedad:g:eXIAAOSwEeFVTnEh
I walk the fogger and spray the ceiling tile (PVC which may need to be replaced but may not provide a full solution) which is the most susceptible
location for new mold blooms in my home. This saves money on the liquid itself as the fogger set to medium will go through a gallon in a very short time.
I do not worry about
breathing the fog in as it is made with non toxic essential oils is not nearly as toxic as the mold I have breathed in to date. You can wear an N95 mask while applying.
If you see a mold bloom in the home, you can use the spray bottle of Concrobium to trap and stop the mold quickly, but if you are in a mold sick building the fogger and re-treatments are essential. We find once every 3 months is mandatory.
Check areas where mold is likely. HVAC systems are common harbors of mold. Other areas in the link below./www.houselogic.com/organize-maintain/home-maintenance-tips/unexpected-places-mold-can-hide/
If you have a large mold problem you will need more than a diffuser of essential oils.
If you find mold, please do not disturb the mold and spread it's spores everywhere. You must hit it with the Concrobium and then after it is wet and has dried, you can physically clean it. Wear an N95 mask.
A negative air pressure machine (a.k.a. air scrubber) with a HEPA filter will remove large amounts of mold from the home but not all. You may be able to rent one for the initial cleanup. Competent remediation companies will use these machines.
Installing an attic fan in our home created just enough negative air pressure to spread spores from floor to ceiling. I dont recommend this until after you remediate your home.
You may have to resort to one of the two following methods for spores trapped in hard to reach areas that will be reintroduced into the indoor environment by air movement.
Ozone is a risky proposition as it can break down the mold into volatile organic compounds (VOC's) that may now be too small to be trapped in the HEPA filter. The amount of ozone it will take will be toxic during treatment.
It will take a commercial ozone machine and enough fan power to have it reach into every crevasse. It remains controversial to remediating mold. You can do damage to clothing and carpeting once there are no toxins in the air and it will leave decimated mold dust everywhere.
If you desire to use ozone you will need a commercial generator like this plus a fan. This generates more than half of the $80 unit I bought. The price goes up with the amount of ozone generated. /www.ebay.com/itm/New-Commercial-Ozone-Generator-Industrial-Air-Purifier-Mold-Mildew-Smoke-odor/302656045862?epid=1049140573&hash=item4677b4c326:g:uZ4AAOSwQglamJUu
Ozone to clean smaller precious but porous items may salvage some of your possessions as you can then air out the VOC's outdoors. The following is a link to a company that sells a chamber device sold for use with their medical ozone machine.
This is not a commercial ozone machine but a medical one. You will likely find ozone treatments valuable to healing once exposed as your CO2 levels will probably be high as a result. Rectal insufflation is 95% effective as autohemotherapy and can be done easily at home. This is the lowest price unit I have been able to locate and have one on the way along with most of the accessories as they are reasonably priced too!drosolutions.com/
Chlorine Dioxide is another gas that will near sterilize the home. Also toxic in the gas form. The house must be sealed and the gas must remain inside for 8-12 hours and then be vented. C. globosum colonies will survive and colonies of S. chartarum were still toxic after treatment. If you are a Pub Med geek like me then you can read all about
it here: /www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1214660/
This company sells water activated Chlorine Dioxide treatment for commercial use only: http://www.pureline.com/clo2-generation/purevista/
Any leads to similar products offered by different suppliers would be appreciated.
Mold loves humidity and water. Combined with dust this can provide all of the nutrients mold needs to thrive on inorganic surfaces. Living near a dormant volcano, this is the dustiest area I have ever lived in.
The following is a link to a dehumidifier with HEPA filter. I do not own one of these units yet and would like to find a cheaper one or modify (cram a HEPA filter into the slim dust filter chamber) the dehumidifier I already have. Without the HEPA filter it will spread the spores all around the home. /www.allergybuyersclub.com/pure-and-dry-hepa70-dehumidifier-hepa-air-purifier.html
I want you to seriously consider that your Lyme may originate with mold even if you think you dont live in a mold prone area.
I was bit by plenty of ticks as a child but only experienced Lyme like symptoms after known exposure to mold. By the time I figured out mold was making me sick, I was very ill.
Mold is everywhere even in dry climates and all it takes is a little water from the least expected hidden place in your home (have someone inspect the HVAC !!!) and some extended negligence to have a house filled with spores and obtain all of the symptoms associated with Lyme and even Morgellons.
HOAGIE here at Healing Well introduced me to a great product that can be installed in the HVAC to kill mold, bacteria, and viruses. More info in link that follows:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKk56jRRvJY
Fortunately we do not have a HVAC system as the temperature remains between 55 and 82 year round. We pay double what you do in the states for electricity per kilowatt hour, but we use only a fraction resulting in bills less than 1/3 of the monthly cost in the states.
Our molds originated from small leak in the roof, which is now fixed but the contamination is far and wide and the problem ongoing.
Once you become saturated with spores and systemically infected you will get bit by all kinds of insects that prefer to feed on fungus as you will be a walking buffet. Infected insects can inject parasitical larvae along with bacteria. Bacteria compete with fungus for food so that too will likely follow.
I speak from experience on all of this but am fortunate enough to know what caused my issues and I will keep you up to date on our progress going forward.
The good news is you can get better once you address the source if mold is at the core of your Lyme. I believe it is more common than one might suspect. Health restoring supplement info is in the resources link as well as what mold does to your health. Additional links with key information will be posted in this thread.
Links provided free of any strings or affiliations for my family here at healing well. That will change by the time this reaches my blog.
Some of my favorite resources follow below (more will be added shortly): https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/the-root-causes-of-mold-problems-msh-sirt1-socs3-and-hypoxia/#Hypoxia_and_Mold_Illness http://www.herbaltransitions.com/TreatmentOfCIRS.html https://deansilvermd.com/mold-and-biotoxin-illness/ **The medical ozone machine linked above has arrived, looks new, and is a steal at $259 (tank pending). Feel free to wait until I get the tank, try it, and review. They are an seller on Amazon as well, so its likely all good.
2014 Mold Sick,2015 Clinical Lyme and co.,2016 Morgellons,2017 Remission
updated 21apr18 Blog: www.fascinatingtimetobealive.blogspot.com/
" The path to disappointment is paved with expectations "
Post Edited (ChickenArise) : 4/24/2018 5:49:28 PM (GMT-6)