So please clarify for me - there are spirochetes and persisters. What about biofilms? Are these clusters of spirochetes surrounded by a biofilm? What about the round bodies - are they included in the biofilm colonies?
Case 2. Blood culture was performed and fluid from the culture demonstrated spherical bodies
under darkfield microscopy. Dieterle staining and anti-Bb immunostains demonstrated
spherical bodies. Anti-Bb immunostaining was positive. Vaginal culture was performed and fluid
from the culture demonstrated spirochetes and biofilm under darkfield microscopy. Dieterle
staining and anti-Bb immunostaining demonstrated spirochetes and biofilm.
were not submitted for staining or culture. Repeat blood and vaginal cultures were positive for
Borrelia by immunostaining and PCR (see Tables 2-4). "
so yes, biofilm.
see page 37 of the pre-print pdf (last link in my first post) there is a nice table there and they put for each case what they found.
anyway, i know about
this for a long time. after 3 months of antibiotics i re-tested my blood with dark field microscopy and i had live spirochetes and bartonella clearly visible and alive, this is while under antibiotics. i realized there is a big problem with this disease early on. But what can you do ...
So a few things that this article proves false
- chronic patients treated with abx only have few remaining spirochetes in their deep tissues but not in their blood - FALSE, they are in blood, too (at least for 7 out of 12 subjects) !
- chronic patients treated with abx only have debris of dead spirochetes but not live one - FALSE all cases have live culture-able spirochetes
- chronic patients treated with abx have some autoimmune process ongoing but the borrelia organism is long dead - FALSE, live spirochetes are present in all subjects treated with abx
- seminal fluids have few or no spirochetes - FALSE
- antibiotics may not kill spirochetes in vitro but in vivo things are different because the body also fights the infection and may get rid of it - FALSE, it's obvious the norm is the body CANNOT remove the bacteria, with or without antibiotics present months of antibiotics, combinations or not....
So all your worst nightmares are proven correct. I hope this article gets published and would like to know if we can do something to spread the word about
it. It's an in vivo test on humans, this should matter somehow in the grand picture of things with this disease.
Post Edited (mpost) : 3/14/2018 3:15:53 AM (GMT-6)