So upset right now

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/15/2018 9:50 AM (GMT -6)   
Dr. J's office called me and left a voicemail saying they need to cancel my april 5 appt. Im upset about this because i already made all the plans, have off from work, had my husband get his things together...and now this....i dont even know when i can get there now... just a big bummer

Hoagie
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2017
Total Posts : 796
   Posted 3/15/2018 10:02 AM (GMT -6)   
That stinks. I'm sorry to hear that.

Did they give a reason? Was it rescheduled?

physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/15/2018 10:12 AM (GMT -6)   
the message said the doctor will be out of the office that day.... i called back but got the answering machine so now im waiting
Symptoms since July 2016. Very mild: slight dizziness but nothing to call the doctor about.
February 2017=flu like symptoms; felt like i was dying from February to June. Tested positive for active EBV.
June 2017= tested western blot: reactive lgm 23 lgg 41 & 66
Started ABX treatment in June to present with llmd
functioning at about 70%. determined to get to 100%

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/15/2018 11:20 AM (GMT -6)   
physedgirl09 said...
the message said the doctor will be out of the office that day.... i called back but got the answering machine so now im waiting


So you aren't seeing a NP or PA? You had an appt. with Dr. J?
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/15/2018 11:32 AM (GMT -6)   
Okay, I got a call as well.


My PA will not be in on my appt. day in April and I'm supposed to call and reschedule.

Mine is for the following week....wonder what's up?

Mine is just a phone appt...but if it was in-person...and I already had the flights? yikes.

I'm thinking you must have the same PA as me (Initial of first name "T") ?
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

Post Edited (Girlie) : 3/15/2018 10:51:11 AM (GMT-6)


physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/15/2018 11:50 AM (GMT -6)   
I was seeing a PA with the first name initial T...
like it just stinks cuz i had plans ya know.
girlie-which PA do you see?
Symptoms since July 2016. Very mild: slight dizziness but nothing to call the doctor about.
February 2017=flu like symptoms; felt like i was dying from February to June. Tested positive for active EBV.
June 2017= tested western blot: reactive lgm 23 lgg 41 & 66
Started ABX treatment in June to present with llmd
functioning at about 70%. determined to get to 100%

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/15/2018 11:51 AM (GMT -6)   
physedgirl09 said...
I was seeing a PA with the first name initial T...
like it just stinks cuz i had plans ya know.
girlie-which PA do you see?


We must have been posting at the same time.

YUP T

I had KL first appt but she has left the practice..so my follow up was with T.
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

Post Edited (Girlie) : 3/15/2018 10:54:28 AM (GMT-6)


Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/15/2018 11:53 AM (GMT -6)   
You know - i never even thought when we flew there that we should have cancellation insurance...but I guess next time I should have it.

My appt is the next week...they're going to be cancelling a lot of appts...
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/15/2018 1:28 PM (GMT -6)   
do you know why they are canceling all these appts?

oh and how do you like T?

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/15/2018 2:25 PM (GMT -6)   
physedgirl09 said...
do you know why they are canceling all these appts?

oh and how do you like T?


No, I just had a voice mail to call back and reschedule. I did...haven't heard back.

I haven't had an appt with T. yet. I had my initial consult in February with KL. She told us at the end of the appt. she was leaving the practice...and had scheduled me with someone else... I was overwhelmed with all the information - focussing on trying to get upstairs to Quest before they closed...etc.
I don't even remember if I was told the name at the time. I was handed a stack of papers on my way out.

So, then when I got home, a few days later - I called to change to Dr. J.

When I called for my initial consult, I was told that I couldn't see Dr. J., but I could switch after.
But, then when I called after getting home from the Initial consult, I was told he was all booked up for the beginning/mid April...and had to stick with T.

I am hoping still to switch to Dr. J. for my third appt...problem is I can't book it now..because I don't know how many weeks from appt. 2 I will need to book appt. 3. Hopefully when I'm finished with Appt. 2, there will be room in Dr. J's schedule for my third appt....
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/15/2018 5:11 PM (GMT -6)   
Thanx girlie!! I'm still waiting for a call back too! Lemme know when you make your appt!

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/15/2018 10:39 PM (GMT -6)   
physedgirl09 said...
Thanx girlie!! I'm still waiting for a call back too! Lemme know when you make your appt!

I never got a call back today to replace T for my April appt.

Hopefully tomorrow.
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/16/2018 9:01 AM (GMT -6)   
Hey Girlie,

Made my appt for April 13th..but its not with T, its with R.M
Symptoms since July 2016. Very mild: slight dizziness but nothing to call the doctor about.
February 2017=flu like symptoms; felt like i was dying from February to June. Tested positive for active EBV.
June 2017= tested western blot: reactive lgm 23 lgg 41 & 66
Started ABX treatment in June to present with llmd
functioning at about 70%. determined to get to 100%

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/16/2018 11:40 AM (GMT -6)   
Did they call you back this morning?

I still haven't heard back.

So, it's still in April.

If mine is after that, I'm going to need more meds to stretch it out to the 'new' appt.

I've heard RM being mentioned...can't remember any details though.
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

physedgirl09
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2017
Total Posts : 434
   Posted 3/16/2018 12:13 PM (GMT -6)   
I called them and she answered.... Try calling!

Dahlias
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jun 2017
Total Posts : 518
   Posted 3/16/2018 12:23 PM (GMT -6)   
My appointment with T is a week before that. Funny that we're all on a similar schedule with the same NP.

Girlie, they've been good about refills.
"This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass."

yancync
Veteran Member


Date Joined Nov 2015
Total Posts : 551
   Posted 3/16/2018 1:50 PM (GMT -6)   
Our DS goes to JC/DC. The 3rd appt is usually at least 2, sometimes 3 months after the 2nd one which is usually at 6 weeks. It wasn't long before we went up to 3 months and now after 2 years and much improvement, we are at 4 months I believe.

I can't believe KL is gone. We have seen T the last 2 appointments and while she is still relatively new, she seems good and doesn't hesitate to consult with more senior NPs or Dr. J if he's in the office. I do feel like the new people are well-trained and are always willing to get a second opinion etc.
Parent of teen DS w/ CDC+ Lyme test Nov 2015, late stage Lyme + mycoplasma, bartonella, babesia. Currently treating with antibiotics/anti-malerials, multivitamin, magnesium, Charlotte's Web Advanced CBD oil.

Website I started: ParentsofLymeKids.com aka Lyme Disease 101 for Parents

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33837
   Posted 3/16/2018 7:05 PM (GMT -6)   
I got a call this morning and my appt. was rescheduled for another day a few days later than the original appt.



Then I went out to meet a friend.

I just got home and there's a phone message - saying they need to change my appt. with T to the next day.

Sheesh.

I think they were going to change my protocol...but now I'll have to start the next cycle with the same protocol as I won't be able to get any new meds in time for the Monday. (appt is on a Thursday on my 2nd day off)
My prescriptions are faxed to a Pharmacy that's not in my city...so they fill it and then send them to me.
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:37 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,993,213 posts in 328,025 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161222 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, laozishidi.
294 Guest(s), 7 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
sebreg, sierraDon, ks1905, SharonZ, Mamatomypeas, Going for brachy, UCmee