The short version of this post is that I have introduced bart herbs to my protocol and have developed some weird psych symptoms. If they get much worse I'll be pretty much non-functional so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
- Feeling of losing my mind, feel "trippy" or "spacey"
- Difficulty organising myself to do anything (very hard to follow my protocols, eat at the right times etc)
- Difficulty completing tasks such as shopping, cooking, filing etc
- Confused jumbled thoughts
- Feel impulsive
- Surreal dreamlike vision (everything looks bright, flickery)
- Recurrent deja vu
- Sudden strong memory recall
- Weird scary dreams
- Pressure headaches
- Prickly feeling on scalp
I've also had some new neuro symptoms such as increased weakness and mild burning pains in my arms but these have been intermittent and less disruptive to my day to day functioning.
Remedies I am currently trying:
- Cutting back slightly on herbs
- Drinking lots of water/lemon water
- Body brushing followed by epsom salt bath
- Supplements to increase detoxing (ALA, vitamin C, milk thistle)
- Supplements to decrease inflammation (Omega 3, quercetin/bromelain, turmeric)
- Supplements to aid sleep (L-theanine, L-tryptophan, melatonin, magnesium)
- Activated charcoal before bed
- Gluten/dairy/refined sugar free diet
- Tried burbur/pinella but didn't seem to make a great deal of difference
If anyone else has experienced anything like this did it just pass eventually on its own with treatment? Do I just need to give the herbs time?
For context I have probably had lyme since a tick bite in late '09. I have been treating for Lyme on the Buhner protocol since June last year. Initially I started on the whole core lyme protocol on which I experienced minor improvement. In December I added the babesia protocol which induced bad herxing that slowly faded over a couple of months. I added the bart herbs a few weeks ago - I can't remember when exactly.
It's probably worth mentioning that I have not had any tests done and am self treating. My GP hasn't been that helpful apart from giving me prescript
ion for specific symptoms. I have been working with an osteopath who is fairly knowledgeable on nutrition and supplements but doesn't know a great deal about
lyme and co's. I previously strongly suspected babs based on reaction to herbs and it turned out after my father passed that he had bart so it's not a stretch to suspect that I have that also.
Looking forward to hearing your responses. Thanks!
Post Edited (Clunkytrain) : 3/20/2018 8:37:36 AM (GMT-6)