New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Rynos123
New Member


Date Joined Feb 2018
Total Posts : 8
   Posted 4/28/2018 9:34 AM (GMT -6)   
I wanted to give an update. My wife and I went to the our LLMD on Monday. Again, I just want to share my story and will let my wife tell hers. I am currently on Flagyl and finishing up that. I have been on antibiotics for over a year and have really felt no difference one way or another other than some side effects that have been tolerable. I am going to finish the Flagyl and then do four antibiotics that are taken in pairs and changed every 10 days for a total of 40 days. After that I am done with antibiotics. He also prescribed Diflucan for yeast and Nystatin which I had already been taking. I am also taking another medication to attempt to relieve some pressure on my brain. I have a six month follow up by phone, but not planning on going back to see him.

I take other supplements such as Magnesium Citrate, Tumeric, Iodoral, CoQ10, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B, and Shaklee vitamins. I take Otezla for psoriasis. I even put some vanilla oil on my hands and breathe in before bed to address some anxiety. I have stopped all other anxiety medication at this time.

My wife is looking at treatment this summer in Germany. I am considering the partner treatment but haven't decided. I am fairly confident in my infection. I am just not sure i am at the point of going to Germany for it. I also don't want her to get well and me to be still infected. Obviously I want to get back to normal and don't want to reinfect her. So, that is my current dilemma and need to make a decision.

Any feedback would be appreciated. It is just helpful to write this out as a way for me to process it.

Thanks!

Woodduck12
Regular Member


Date Joined Dec 2017
Total Posts : 156
   Posted 4/28/2018 11:13 AM (GMT -6)   
I have the alot of the same symptoms of OCD! It's funny because everyone thinks I'm so laid back but inside I am screaming in angish. After a year of this I went to an intergrated psch and we're thinking infection. Did you they look at any autoimmune pannel s?

Notime4lyme
Regular Member


Date Joined Dec 2017
Total Posts : 385
   Posted 4/28/2018 11:36 AM (GMT -6)   
I'm not sure, but is Otezia a medication with one of those warnings that says "don't take if you have an infection." I think that warning means it interferes with your immune system. You would have have to ask your LLMD, because I'm just going by what I hear on commercials.

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33848
   Posted 4/28/2018 12:13 PM (GMT -6)   
Rynos123 said...
I wanted to give an update. My wife and I went to the our LLMD on Monday. Again, I just want to share my story and will let my wife tell hers. I am currently on Flagyl and finishing up that. I have been on antibiotics for over a year and have really felt no difference one way or another other than some side effects that have been tolerable. I am going to finish the Flagyl and then do four antibiotics that are taken in pairs and changed every 10 days for a total of 40 days. After that I am done with antibiotics. He also prescribed Diflucan for yeast and Nystatin which I had already been taking. I am also taking another medication to attempt to relieve some pressure on my brain. I have a six month follow up by phone, but not planning on going back to see him.

I take other supplements such as Magnesium Citrate, Tumeric, Iodoral, CoQ10, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B, and Shaklee vitamins. I take Otezla for psoriasis. I even put some vanilla oil on my hands and breathe in before bed to address some anxiety. I have stopped all other anxiety medication at this time.

My wife is looking at treatment this summer in Germany. I am considering the partner treatment but haven't decided. I am fairly confident in my infection. I am just not sure i am at the point of going to Germany for it. I also don't want her to get well and me to be still infected. Obviously I want to get back to normal and don't want to reinfect her. So, that is my current dilemma and need to make a decision.

Any feedback would be appreciated. It is just helpful to write this out as a way for me to process it.

Thanks!


You haven't just been on Flagyl for the past year, right?

Do you know if the protocols going forward will include meds to treat Bartonella and Babesia?
If not, I'd have that discussion with your LLMD.

So, you have decided your 'done' after the 40 days...or the LLMD ?

BTW Otezia is an immunosuppressant - it could be affecting your treatment somewhat - the goal is to have the immune system 'pick up' when we're finishing our antibiotic treatment.
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

Fronton
Regular Member


Date Joined Sep 2014
Total Posts : 443
   Posted 4/28/2018 12:24 PM (GMT -6)   
Rynos123 said...
I wanted to give an update. My wife and I went to the our LLMD on Monday. Again, I just want to share my story and will let my wife tell hers. I am currently on Flagyl and finishing up that. I have been on antibiotics for over a year and have really felt no difference one way or another other than some side effects that have been tolerable. I am going to finish the Flagyl and then do four antibiotics that are taken in pairs and changed every 10 days for a total of 40 days. After that I am done with antibiotics. He also prescribed Diflucan for yeast and Nystatin which I had already been taking. I am also taking another medication to attempt to relieve some pressure on my brain. I have a six month follow up by phone, but not planning on going back to see him.

I take other supplements such as Magnesium Citrate, Tumeric, Iodoral, CoQ10, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B, and Shaklee vitamins. I take Otezla for psoriasis. I even put some vanilla oil on my hands and breathe in before bed to address some anxiety. I have stopped all other anxiety medication at this time.

My wife is looking at treatment this summer in Germany. I am considering the partner treatment but haven't decided. I am fairly confident in my infection. I am just not sure i am at the point of going to Germany for it. I also don't want her to get well and me to be still infected. Obviously I want to get back to normal and don't want to reinfect her. So, that is my current dilemma and need to make a decision.

Any feedback would be appreciated. It is just helpful to write this out as a way for me to process it.

Thanks!


Do you still have symptoms?

Girlie
Forum Moderator


Date Joined May 2014
Total Posts : 33848
   Posted 4/28/2018 12:27 PM (GMT -6)   
Fronton said...
Rynos123 said...
I wanted to give an update. My wife and I went to the our LLMD on Monday. Again, I just want to share my story and will let my wife tell hers. I am currently on Flagyl and finishing up that. I have been on antibiotics for over a year and have really felt no difference one way or another other than some side effects that have been tolerable. I am going to finish the Flagyl and then do four antibiotics that are taken in pairs and changed every 10 days for a total of 40 days. After that I am done with antibiotics. He also prescribed Diflucan for yeast and Nystatin which I had already been taking. I am also taking another medication to attempt to relieve some pressure on my brain. I have a six month follow up by phone, but not planning on going back to see him.

I take other supplements such as Magnesium Citrate, Tumeric, Iodoral, CoQ10, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B, and Shaklee vitamins. I take Otezla for psoriasis. I even put some vanilla oil on my hands and breathe in before bed to address some anxiety. I have stopped all other anxiety medication at this time.

My wife is looking at treatment this summer in Germany. I am considering the partner treatment but haven't decided. I am fairly confident in my infection. I am just not sure i am at the point of going to Germany for it. I also don't want her to get well and me to be still infected. Obviously I want to get back to normal and don't want to reinfect her. So, that is my current dilemma and need to make a decision.

Any feedback would be appreciated. It is just helpful to write this out as a way for me to process it.

Thanks!


Do you still have symptoms?



"I have been on antibiotics for over a year and have really felt no difference one way or another other than some side effects that have been tolerable."


I'm thinking if he doesn't feel any different...then symptoms are still there??
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi

Rynos123
New Member


Date Joined Feb 2018
Total Posts : 8
   Posted 4/29/2018 6:19 PM (GMT -6)   
I have not been tested for any autoimmune deficiencies.

I will look at the Otezla. I have noticed it doesn't seem to work as well so maybe should take a break from it anyway.

My main symptoms, is pressure on the brain, a general uneasy feeling on my left side, brain fog, and just generally just not feeling well at times although I have been able to maintain a regular schedule.

I have been on Doxycycline, Zithromax, Ceftin and Rifampin. I am finishing up the Flagyl before moving on to the next set.

I need to make a decision on Germany very soon.

bluelyme
Veteran Member


Date Joined Nov 2015
Total Posts : 4895
   Posted 4/30/2018 3:27 AM (GMT -6)   
Notime4lyme said...
I'm not sure, but is Otezia a medication with one of those warnings that says "don't take if you have an infection." I think that warning means it interferes with your immune system. You would have have to ask your LLMD, because I'm just going by what I hear on commercials.
i dont think one will get better while on immunosuppresives...go after the root of your psorisis , the viruses , ...bvt is way cheaper than germany and more effective per research...dan bergy on lymenet got his and his wifes with a gb4000 rife machine... best of luck
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:30 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,993,358 posts in 328,035 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161225 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, wendigomike.
295 Guest(s), 11 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Michelejc, PeterDisAbelard., Gemlin, hypnotic63, AtomAnt, Cmburks, sierraDon, shanna j, kit49, hopeforbetter, F8