Posted 4/29/2018 1:39 PM (GMT -7)
I made a summary of a section about taking alcohol tinctures and how to take them if you are sensitive to alcohol. I am fixing to start a protocol using alcoholic tinctures and I haven't done well with alcohol tinctures in the past. So, this is very important to me, also.
This is my summary near the end of Dr. Jernigan's book (Beating Lyme Disease, 2nd edition) about alcohol tinctures. It's the end of the month for me when my parasites cycle most, and I'm not able to condense it any further because of stress; so this is my lengthy summary for alcohol tinctures:
Appendix A (important for me, I'm highly chemically sensitive)
Q&A Alcohol in Remedies
p437-444 What to do, How to lessen the effect
People intolerant of alcohol are grouped, as follows:
Group1 after 1st sip they get fatigue and brain fog
p437 Group2 they never drink, alcohol mildly aggravates their symptoms
Group3 recovering alcoholics, don't want to risk relapsing
Group4 severe chemical sensitivities, cannot bear hardly any alcohol
(me again, but I can tolerate kombucha 1 at a time; it has very small amount of alcohol fermentation)
p438 about 6 1/2 drops of alcohol in 1 squeeze (32 drops) of a dropper. (I'll have to be careful here and take suggestions.)
Reasons for using alcohol in tinctures:
1. It makes for a broader-acting supplement.
2. It keeps microbes and fungi from growing in the remedy (if you breathe on or accidentally touch the dropper).
Groups 1 and 2 recommendations:
Liver breaks down alcohol and aldehyde (a nerve poison). If the liver cannot break down the alcohol, often candida yeast overgrowth is present. To treat it:
1. p438-439 Yeast Ease (oil of oregano is often too strong, and high-allicin garlic and capryllic acid supplements are excellent but don't finish the job in the long run). Yeast Ease is the most effective, gentle remedy. Jernigan's
2. Reintroduce good bacteria after some recovery. Add probiotics with many bacteria types.
3. You must take Molybdenum. It's necessary for liver to break down alcohol. Take 3 pills ten to fifteen minutes before taking the alcohol tinctures. No side effects.
Summary for Groups 1 and 2 who are sensitive to alcohol:
1. For alcohol sensitivity, you want to control yeast: Yeast Ease, 1-4 droppers, 2-4xday for 1 to 3 months.
2. Take a probiotic with many different bacteria. Total Probiotics by Nutri-West, 1-2 caps, 1-2xday for 2 months or as long as you're taking antibiotics (whether prescription or natural).
3. You must take molybdenum to detox the die off from alcohol, aldehyde (aldehyde is a nerve poison). Take 1-3 caps (300 mcg each cap), 1-3xday for 1 month.
Group 3 (recovering alcoholics, addictive)
1. Put alcohol dose in a small glass and warm the glass gently in a pot of water comfortable at touch (not hot); let it sit for 10-15 minutes. No alcohol should be remaining.
2. Put the dose over a rice cake and let it sit 15-20 minutes. To speed up the process, place the rice cake on a heated oven door. Eat the rice cake.
Group 4 (highly chemically sensitive)
1. p442 Follow recommendations for Groups 1-3. First, balance Sympathetic Nervous System, adrenals, by taking DSF-Formula by Nutri-West (available through a doctor). It helps to reduce hypersensitivity of your body.
2. Also, take molybdenum since chemical sensitivities are caused by the liver's inability to deal with chemicals, natural or otherwise.
3. Alternately, take medicine transdermally using a gauze of a bandage. Saturate 3"x 3" gauze, wear it at night to bed. Replace 2-3xday. Very potent.
4. Do a retention enema: add a small amount of water to the remedy and inject into the rectum. Hold like a retention enema so it can be absorbed into the body.