I'm a slow typer WalkingByFaith lol so I guess that's how I missed you - thanks for the information. I've been uncertain whether to go with testing myself or my environment first.
We live in an older house and I am fairly certain there is mold in there (the closets were musty from a leaking chimney when we moved in and there's been a slow leak in the ceiling between the first and second floors so I suspect there's stuff in there too) although I am the only one who has symptoms of any kind. We also just moved here when I had my tick bite so these things could be working together.
What got me thinking that this really could be an issue for me is that I almost always have air hunger when I go to a local yoga class. The studio is definitely musty and likely moldy. I don't get air hunger when I do yoga at home or any other kind of exercise. It's just a symptom that comes and goes for me other than this consistent link. It only occurred to me just recently that this might be a clue. I also had a very low CD57 and now I'm wondering if this would be part of the picture for that too.
I was thinking of doing either a c4a or the testing through realtime labs to see how I'm reacting to the mold. What do you think? I haven't figured out if I can do the ERMI testing easily from Canada or not but I will call on Monday to find out.
The very idea of suggesting work or remediation at home fills me with trepidation.
Thank-you so much for your thoughts WalkingByFaith!
I hate to put it so bluntly, but from what you said about
your home, I can guarantee 100% you've got problematic mold. Don't bother testing at this point. You don't need a $290 test to tell you the obvious. Water damaged buildings have mold as well as microbial VOC's, that cause chronic inflammation, immune suppression, and disease such as MARCONS.
If you are serious about
your health and safety, then look into moving to a clean environment. Spend the $$ doing an ERMI test on the place you plan to move to before sealing the purchase deal. Looks can be deceiving. I just backed out of a contract on a house that had no signs of water damage or mold after the ERMI test came back with elevated levels of total mold and toxic mold.
Be very careful about
moving any possesions with you. Cross contamination is serious business. Make sure you research thoroughly and learn what can be cleaned and how. Don't risk contaminating a clean environment.
Stay out of the moldy gym and any other buildings that smell musty or that you have symptoms in or that have signs of water damage or mold. Just because you're family seems okay doesn't mean it's not affecting you or it's not serious enough to do something about