How are your symptoms overall? The good thing is that he has a plan. Hopefully the next 2 cycles will prove helpful! Did you flare when you took your last cycle?
Overall there's been improvement since going to Dr. J.
When I was on the Babesia focussed protocol...a few symptoms dwindled...and now on the Persisters....a few more.
And now I'm having more good days on my 'off' days....than I have ever had.
I just feel more 'normal'...not so debilitated....if that makes sense.
Symptoms that have improved since February when I started treatment at the J Cinic:
1)- Waking in the morning when I
open my eyes - in bed - no more anxiety hitting me...and no sweating...and shivering is only in my legs (not back/spine area)....and some mornings not there at all.
2) In the evenings - watching tv, I would get a sore neck - on the left side...that is pretty much gone...just feeling it now and then mildly.
3) No more joint pain at all....it was almost gone ( like 90% better) prior to the J Clinic but haven't had any joint pain in the past couple months.
4) Head pressure - on the 'off' days...it's much improved...like 80-90%
5) memory - I am seeing a bit more improvement with short-term memory.
6) nerve pain in a.m. - Lately I have been waking up without the nerve pain - thoracic left side of back, arm and hand.
it does come on most days in the afternoon...lasting for several hours.
What hasn't changed:
1) POTS - I still get high heart rate when I stand up from sitting....or if I bend down to pick something up.
2) Nerve pain - upper left side of back, left arm, hand. It still is my worst symptom. The intensity when it happens can still be really bad. But, there are more days when I'm off abx that it's minimal.
3) Foot pain in the mornings - it has been at about
80% better for a long time...hasn't improved. (actually I think it was gone for awhile..and has come back but not bad)
4) left side rib pain in front - still getting it on occasion.
5) nerve shivering - when I get overwhelmed....or when I hear a song I really like. It seems to be linked to my emotions.
Yes, I did flare on the last cycle....
Moderator, Lyme Forum
Symp started April/2013; Buhner's Lyme May 15-July24/14; Igenex pos. July 3/14
Doxy: July 4-Aug.24/14;Zithro July26-Aug24/14; Amox + Proben. Aug. 29/14;
added biaxin Sept. 26/14
Disc. amox,added Ceftin Nov. 20th.;
Disc. biaxin added Buhner bart herbs Dec/14;Jan/15 pulsing Tinda (w/ Ceftin);
Abx/herb break Apr-July/15; July-mino; Aug. added Rif;
Nov./15 mino - to biaxi