Thought I'd post a little update (for myself and others).
Info: Lyme 5.5 years, 44 yo, I am not doing perfect-perfect carnivore FYI - Rare bad girl cheats, but am seeing vast improvement. I do not adhere to a "only meat and water" dogma. I'm like, 99% there. I let myself off the hook when I fudge up.
Do note: I had stem cells for Lyme in Jan. 2019 and some of my improvement is due to that. Items with asterisks improved before carnivore. Before dietary changes, I was back to about
50-60% energy levels, although I still had most of the below symptoms. Was vegetarian for twenty-six years, started eating meat in 2017, but in low amounts. Went carnivore a little over a month ago. I am a work in progress.
These are my pre-carnivore Lyme Symptoms (the majority of these were constant issues):
1. Lightheaded/dizzy - Mostly gone. No more episodes of vertigo.
2. Barometric pressure headaches - Improved
3. Digestive issues (diarrhea, constipation, dull and sharp pain) - Sharp pains are gone, others remain
4. Occasional (horrible) sharp pain in colon area - Gone
5. Daily headaches - Gone
6. Migraines (1-2 per month) - Haven't had one in a month
7. Sinus pressure - Mostly gone, discovered after 20 years I still CANNOT eat dairy
8. Bleeding gums - Mostly gone, gums are improving and are looking (dare I say) healthy. Before, felt like my teeth were loose
9. Jaw pain (Mostly on left side) - Gone
10. Heart palpitations - Improved
11. Muscle twitching - Very infrequent
12. *Mild to severe anxiety - Gone
13. *Mild to severe panic attacks - Gone
14. Doom and gloom - Gone
15. Lyme Rage - Gone gone gone!
16. *Mild to severe fatigue - Mostly gone. I spent 95% of my day laying down.
17. Neck and scalp pain, tightness - Mostly gone
18. Sciatica pain (both sides) - Eh, comes and goes
19. *Tinea versicolor (back, torso) - Gone (that went with meds)
20. Abnormal periods - Recent Period was lighter, used to be 10 days long with 2-3 extremely heavy days
21. *Costochondritis - Gone
22. *Pressure in sternum - Gone
23. Gas, bloating - Mostly gone
24. Everything I eat seems to upset my stomach - Gone
25. Dry sinuses - Mostly gone
26. Blocked sinuses - Mostly gone, I can now breathe through both sides of my nostrils
27. *Sore throat left side (two weeks and counting) - Gone
28. Feeling as though food isn't going down fast enough, difficulty swallowing - Totally gone
29. Pressure in ears, a feeling of fluid - Mostly gone - dairy didn't help
30. Occasional pressure in head, a feeling of fluid - Gone
31. Depression - Gone
32. Eye floaters - Mostly gone
33. Occasional odd smell in sinuses (sour) - Gone!
34. Babesia - IDK
35. Bartonella - IDK
36. Epstein Barr - IDK
37. HHV6 - IDK
38. *Hashimoto's - Resolved with thyroid meds pre-carnivore
39. Gluten intolerance - Who cares?
40. Dairy Intolerance - Still very active with milk and cheese. Eggs OK.
41. Eczema - Had disappeared pre-Lyme and returned a bit in December 2018, has improved and isn't bad
42. Candida - IDK, feels mostly gone
43. SIBO - Feels like it's improved
44. Inflammation - Way down
45. Constant health anxiety - Gone
46. Low cortisol - IDK
47. Low pregnenolone - IDK
48. Joint pain - Less
49. *Tongue tingling (kind of numb) - Gone
50. Throat feels tight - Gone
51. Puffy white tongue - Gone
52. Stomach pain (center, below ribs) - Gone
53. Pain in kidneys - Gone
54. Cold feet - Active
55. Pain in shoulders and left arm, elbow - Active, but less
56. Eye fatigue - Comes and goes as opposed to constant
57. Ringing in ears constantly - Active, less noticeable
58. Sweaty palms - Comes and goes
59. Dry skin - Active
60. *Shortness of breath, air hunger - Gone
61. Body shaking/vibrating - Mostly gone, had a bunch of this in the first few weeks of diet change - felt like out of whack vagus nerve
62. Central serous retinopathy - Has not progressed
63. Seeing stars - Occasional
64. Bags under eyes - Getting better
65. Ridges on nails - Unchanged
66. Bacterial Vaginosis - Resolved and then appears to be making a come back. Not sure why. Perhaps experimental introduction to dairy set if off. I'm off milk again.
67. Poor circulation - Improving
68. Hot flashes - Gone
69. Insomnia - Gone
70. Brain fog - Some days I'm a genius, others I can't remember basic stuff. Definitely not as bad as it was. I'm having more "on" days where I can grasp new concepts and can remember my to do lists.
71. Body odor - Something ticked when I started lyme killing herbs and my body chemistry went whack. Gross, but improving.
72. *Shoulder acne - Don't ask me why I had acne only on my shoulders, but that's mostly gone
73. Bruise easily - Better
This list is intense. I can't believe I lived like that for so long. As I said, stems got me about
50% of my energy back, but I still had many of the above symptoms. I still need a nap in the afternoon, but it's optional and I can charge through without one. I'm definitely not out of the woods. I'm still tweaking my diet to maximum efficiency and I'll get there. I went from taking twenty-five various herbs and supplements a day to now only taking magnesium, potassium, sole water, and cod liver (as needed). I also seem to be healing faster.
TLDR - Eating meat has improved my life.
Post Edited (10LymeB) : 3/2/2019 6:16:04 PM (GMT-7)