So i have a question about tuna fish.
Do you guys eat it? Is the mercury content dangerous for us?
Thanks for the feedback!
Currently, I eat tuna very infrequently. For many years, though, I ate it regularly -- in "Tuna Helper" (when I was a starving college student), and in tuna salad sandwiches (also as a starving college student, as my classmate worked at the sandwich shop and I got them for free), and right out of the can -- sometimes eating two cans in a sitting.
For whatever it's worth, I've had a couple of hair mineral analysis tests and my Mercury score was low.
2009: My Mercury load was 0.22 μg/g. The reference range was < 0.08.
2015: My Mercury load was 0.26 μg/g. The reference range was < 0.08.
Anyway, that's an anecdotal report of one person. That assumes the tests were both accurate and scientifically supported -- neither of which I have any idea. I've become quite skeptical and critical of most lab testing.
All that stated, I recently listened to the following interview about
mercury in fish. It's just a couple of minutes. When you have a moment, give it a listen and see what you think.
TL;DR: He alleges that when there's more selenium in fish than mercury, the effects of the mercury are negated.Food Sanity: The Science on Meat, Mercury, Toxins, & More w/Dr. David Friedmanhttps://youtu.be/oau1ibblfma?t=20m1shttps://www.theenergyblueprint.com/food-sanity
Here's a link to the guy's "about
" page, if you want to check out more about
At this point, I'm not sure who or what to believe. The one exception is that living in fear about
everything is definitely not helping me. It's an ongoing battle for me. I ebb and flow, whether on this forum, YouTube, or blogs.
If you want some tuna, don't flounder, have a little. Holy mackerel, that was a bad pun.