I can't believe I somehow missed this thread. I have posted so many similar things lately!
Veggies, did you do all that remediation yourself?? Did it cause you to relapse? Has your home been re-tested yet?
The molds in my house (judging by ERMI dust samples) were relatively harmless outdoor molds (like many of yours were) and yet my Great Plains levels were very high for ochratoxin A (which isn't produced by anything in my home ... and I barely have left my home in years due to illness). So sometimes it's hard to know whether exposure is continuous or not.
I'm so curious how it's all going for you with the Neil Nathan protocol and other things.
Sorry I missed this when you posted - I've been feeling a lot better recently so haven't been using the forum much.
Regarding the remediation - we started out with the goal of doing it ourselves (to save money), but things escalated after we found two sources of active leaks in the house resulting in significant black mould hidden behind wallpaper. I can't remember who on the forum said it but they said "if you are suffering from mould exposure at home then there is almost certainly water damage somewhere" and they were indeed correct.
So we ended up getting professionals in to safely remove the wallpaper and plaster right back to the brickwork of the wall, treat with anti-mould chemicals and then inject the wall with dry-proofing. We also fixed the two leak sources:
1) a leaking pipe inside a wall
2) a leaking drainpipe outside the house causing rain water to fall on to the outside wall and penetrate it with damp over many years
The same company will fog our property at the end of the ongoing decorating/renovation work. I'm undecided about
re-testing our home when we're finished - it'll depend on how my health is at the time.
Regarding your Ochratoxin A result, that's weird that you have high urine levels but minimal home levels. It could be that you're efficient at removing it from your system, i.e. you don't have systemic issues with it
As for my progress with the Nathan protocol, I am in a really good place. The key to get me to this was adding an anti-fungal to kill colonized yeast/mould, in addition to using binders (chlorestyramine). I did two weeks of fluconazole and it has worked wonders. The improvements came quickly; after about
a week. The first week was hell - I suspect a huge herx reaction.
I added the fluconazole (with LLMD approval) due to the comments Neil Nathan made at the recent ISEAI conference: "10% of his patients improved with binders and environmental avoidance. 90% required addressing colonization to improve."
Sep 2018: acutely sick, stopped working
Nov 2018: tested positive for Lyme; 6 weeks of Doxycycline w/ LLMD - got me to 80%
Dec 2019: tested positive for Babesia. Stopped Doxy; introduced Buhner herbs (three Bs), Biaxin, Malarone. Did not tolerate Biaxin well - severe insomnia
Jan 2019: returned to part time work
Feb 2019: switched to Minocycline, Azithromycin, Malarone. Kept Buhner herbs going