Here's a different take, I am no expert by any means in mold however I researched it a lot over the years. One thing that I have come to discover is if you live in a humid climate there is going to be mold. I personally believe (this is my personal opinion) that you can spend thousands of dollars doing mold remediation in a house and get it 100% mold free and then within a few years the mold will return. Since I have encountered mold before in my house, I live in a very humid climate where mold loves to grow, In the past when I encountered it on walls in my basement and garage I remove it with a mold remover (it's probably still behind the drywall and walls, I never tore up the drywall or walls in my house), I wore a respirator, gloves, and a face mask while I did the cleaning. When I started to get sick with Lyme almost a decade ago, I started using small quiet air cleaners (that kill 99.9% of mold, dust, etc) in a few areas of my basement, main level of house, and garage along with using a dehumidifier in my basement from time to time when the humidity is extremely high in the summer. I had an award winning mold remediation company take air samples in different areas of my house about
7 years ago about
a year after I added the air cleaners and dehumidifier to areas of my basement and garage. The mold expert spent a lot of time at my house taking air samples especially in areas where I had cleaned the mold off the walls and drywall. The conclusion was my house came up mold free in their test and that I have extremely clean air in my house (in all areas of my house).
It's my belief (and this is my belief) you can go crazy trying to remediate and tear up your house every few years or you can just use a good dehumidifier and place quiet air cleaner/purifiers that kill mold, dust, etc. (make sure they are ozone free - ozone is very bad for the lungs) in strategic
locations in your house.
Post Edited (battler) : 9/27/2019 10:50:43 AM (GMT-6)