The Dude Abides said...
Do you guys have any pet peeves?
I'm not sure the server has enough free disk space for me to list mine. ha...
Here are a few:
1. People who drown themselves in perfumes and colognes, because, like many others on the forum, I'm chemically sensitive.
2. Loud cell phone talkers in public places. ("Yeah, I got food poisoning and now I have volcanic diarrhea!" -- TMI)
3. Televisions everywhere (restaurants, banks, airports, on gas pumps) with all the worst news -- or, "reality" TV.
4. Self-checkout kiosks in stores.
4a. Touch screens where you have to sign with your finger and contact the same diseased-laden screen some snot-nosed kid probably sneezed upon or was touched by a person who just came from the bathroom and didn't wash their hands.
5. Automated telephone systems when calling a business.
6. The U.S. Postal Service. Pick any facet of the organization.
7. People who make long lists of their pet peeves.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So, the technological age peeves you basically!
Me too, that list might as well be mine!
I can't abide everything being automated, people being replaced by computers, everything being online instead of in the real world. At this rate, computers will be doing everything, no one will have a job and we will never leave the house or ever speak to another human being. It's complete madness.
McDonalds now have giant touchscreens that people use to order their food. It takes twice as long to navigate your way through it all, yet you see people queuing to use the things while there is a member of staff (an actual human being) stood behind the counter doing nothing waiting to serve people. What is our obsession with screens? You have the choice to place your order by the simple process of speaking to a human being and saying "Can I have a Big Mac meal please" which takes around 1 second, or you can spend several minutes messing around with some giant screen, yet most people prefer to use the darn screen! It's ridiculous and it is going to cost people their jobs, which is exactly why these greedy companies are using this technology.