A few months ago, I tried using the forum's "Search" feature, in order to find a specific post I'd made long ago. However, no matter the combination of search operators and search terms I used, the post never appeared in the search results.
Because search engines crawl and index websites, it finally occurred to me to use a search engine outside of the forum. First, I used DuckDuckGo. I found the "missing" post right away. Next, I replicated the results with Google.
For anyone who has experienced limited success with the forum's "Search" feature, perhaps the following will help.Syntax:"search term" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.comExplanation:
* The "search term" is the item for which you're searching. Example: Monolaurin
* The quotation marks means to return only search results with those word(s)
* AND is a Boolean operator and requires both
terms ("X" AND "Y") to be returned
* The Lyme forum is #30 on HealingWell, so "f=30" means to search only that forum
* site:healingwell.com (no spaces) means to search only HealingWell.comImplementation:
* Type or Copy/Paste the string (exactly as shown) into a search engine
* Edit the "search term" and replace it with your desired keyword(s)
* Click "Go," "Search," or "Enter"Examples:"monolaurin" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.com"EBV" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.com"Lysine" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.com
NOTE: For the search terms (monolaurin, EBV, Lysine, etc.), capitalization shouldn't matter. However, I believe the Boolean operator AND should remain capitalized.Try It Yourself:
* "monolaurin" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.com
* "EBV" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.com
* "Lysine" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.comFinal Thoughts:
* In the above links, I used Google. But, DuckDuckGo, Bing, and Yahoo! also worked.
* You can add search terms: "monolaurin" AND "EBV" AND "f=30" site:healingwell.com
* You can remove search terms: "monolaurin" site:healingwell.com
* There are other operators and tricks, but this post covers just a few basic concepts.
Post Edited (The Dude Abides) : 2/22/2020 11:46:44 PM (GMT-7)