Are the results user friendly and truly indicative of a problem?
In other words did you find that the results were consistent with urine tests, symptoms, and then treatments.??
- User friendly - you will need help interpreting
- Truly indicative of a problem - it’s a pretty valuable tool
- ERMI results consistent with urine tests, symptoms - they have been for me
- Treatment success depends on the individual - avoiding mold is the primary treatment; binders and detoxing are secondary. The sensitivity of the individual has a significant effect on the speed and effectiveness of treatment.
I will most likely want to move if this house is found with high levels. If there's a problem here it is probably throughout. So does that mean maybe the hermensi is enough? My urine test was for ochratoxin so I'm kind of looking for a match so as not to confuse matters. But I guess that may or may not happen...
- If you think you will move and it’s a rental, then the HERTSMI-2 would be cheaper
I live in the woods in a rental cabin that is covers in pine needles and moss. It may be a breeding g ground.,
- Sounds quite possible. Sounds a lot like where I came from.
Is the mold that grows on aging lemons a toxic mold? Are all molds?
- Yes. The bluish mold on lemons is a penicillium. I have horrible reactions to mold on citrus and bread - like raging lunatic, intense body pain reactions.
- All molds are not toxic, but many are allergenic even if not toxic. Mold growing in a building is a health hazard and a detriment to the building structure whether toxic or not.
I have a lot of carpet so that may be a good idea. Bedroom and living room together in one test vs two separate
- The dust cloth is simpler, IMO. I have never used the vacuum method. The paper instructions tell you where to take the dust samples and where not to.
- I have only tested one story houses and took samples from each room, all on one collection cloth, to get an idea of the state of the whole house. I avoided taking samples directly from anything that appeared to be mold.
I think i see a bit of water damaged wood with possible mold in a corner under sink . Is this really enough to cause problems?
- Absolutely. Exposure to biotoxins found in water damaged buildings is the primary cause of CIRS.
Too many questions. I sort of blew the mold off before but before I invest and ingest ABX I'd like to really consider this.
- Wise decision. I would highly recommend getting the HLA-DR genetic testing done, if you haven’t already. It will tell you if you have a genetic predisposition to illness from toxins related to mold, Lyme, multiple biotoxins, and some other things. Can help guide you in your approach to mold.
CIRS testing - https://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests
How to decipher your HLA-DR test results - http://biotoxinjourney.com/deciphering-hla-dr-labs/
Post Edited (WalkingbyFaith) : 5/16/2020 8:42:53 PM (GMT-6)