I would still have low brain fog some mornings years after most symptoms resolved.
This fall and winter it improved again - all on its own. Not all gone, but noticeable.
No meds or herbs used for it. I take less thyroid med too.
Seems like healing even after lyme treatment can still continue at a slow pace for years after.
I do continue to eat well though. That is part of it.
You also, great to hear! it is such a relief to be able to do proper reasoning/thinking again....
And yes, my experience of all this struggle is that diet is the number one thing to eventually get well.
I am trying out different things all the time, but here is a list of things I changed or stepped up since summer. Maybe it can work for others:
1. I stepped up removal of gluten from summer: I have removed/avoided gluten it 3-4 times before, but this time I removed it eaven more. Cant say it is doing anything though, when I occasionally eat gluten, like being offered a christmas cake or something i cant resist, i dont feel either better or worse..
2. Doterra oil treatment. I bought a home kit with essential oils for curing this and that.. I am quite sure it has nothing to do with getting better, although the aroma in my apartment might have improved a little....
3. Added/stepped up some vitamins: I think this really has been very positive. i added more specifik vitamin B:s, vitamin k2 and eating more omega 3 fish oil. Eating more Omega 3 i think has helped
4. I increased my gut-support in 2 ways, by taking digestive pills and drinking much less water thanbefore. This has really helped i am sure. The pill is called digizyme, it feels like it is working
5. Going more Keto 2 months ago has also been very positive, this i can feel. I think this is working.
But i dont know, As everyone else here I have like 50-60 different cans of pills, this and that, at home that is supposed to work and I eat them occasionally too.
Maybe it is just a combination of everything....
And of course, there are the obvious things i dont list here that must be removed 100% for eaven thinking of getting better (like sugar, alcohol, soda, and all the rest..). In my opinion, cleaning up the diet to almost perfection is vital...