i hope this reaction is a sign that its doing something positive for you - and that significant symptom improvements follow in the coming weeks.
I also very much appreciate the thoughts for my own health journey and the encouragement to get mold testing.
Thank you Garzie and you're welcome
i am not quite so sure of the mechanisms involved for the increased rash though.
There is a lot of talk of toxins being "mobilised" and causing symptoms - but as far as i can determine from reading into it - this is a theoretical idea postulated to try to explain the things we patients experience - but i have seen v little scientific study on the matter to support it.
i'm not knocking it - or saying that its not a sign its working – its certainly a sign its doing something and am fully supporting you – just that we don’t really know what the symptom flares mean yet. in fact i would indeed like to try cholestyramine myself as a therapeutic trial - and would do if i could find a source -
I understand. And yes, I think it would be a good idea to do a therapeutic trail!
you mention Cholestyramine was inexpensive - can i ask where you were able to get it ( i am not working with a LLMD - they are generally few and poor in the UK)
It was Cignet who said it was inexpensive, so I'm not sure if I can help because I'm getting it from my general practitioner. However, before my GP prescribed it, I was trying to find a source and did find one who sells it for $5 per sachet including shipping. I never asked how much the sachet itself is but I can ask for you if you'd like? Because if it's something along the lines of $1 per sachet and $4 shipping, then it wouldn't be so expensive (relatively speaking) to get more sachets (given that you only pay for shipping once). I'm currently using 90 sachets per month.
Each new test I do I tend to go into with high hopes of clear answers – then the reality of the results is often very grey. So if I ask myself - if a get a test back that is kind a moderately positive - but not dramatically so ( perhaps the most likely outcome) - what does it mean – am I suffering a mold illness? - or is this just what many in the population would have if they are tested and they are doing just fine ….
That’s why I was interested in other ways to corroborate a mold illness diagnosis – but so far these all seem equally grey. My partner also seems to have made a near complete recovery while we continue to live in the same house.
fingers crossed for you over the next few weeks for positive signs
I totally understand what you mean. I constantly got my hopes up for test results before I got diagnosed with Lyme, only to be let down with result that didn't really mean anything. I think what you said about
doing a therapeutic trial might make more sense.
Thank you again.
Glad you were able to take Cholestyramine. I am amazed you’ve taken full doses 4x day.
Thank you WBF! I appreciate it. Sorry you nearly killed yourself with CSM, that must have been awful. I hope you're doing better now
If you lightly scratch them - do they come off?
Hey Girlie! Well, about
20% of the red spots are gritty. And some of those do come off when I scratch them. The remaining 80% doesn't come of nor is gritty. Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope you're doing well!