@Garzie, you have articulated very clearly things I have pondered for a few years now, particularly the nature of various symptoms, whether they were flare-ups or herxes, and if herxes whether it was a good sign or not. I've come down to accepting herx as a good sign when within limits, but not if they signal a serious inability of the body to process and detox what's going on. As you say, it's hard to know what's going on when you're in it. I usually wait to see which direction I'm going in, and at some point test using the meds' dosing.
I did herx on Iver, but I intuitively felt it was benign, so I temporarily lessened/dropped my Buhner herbs, thinking to protect the body and that enough progress was being against the disease without herbs at the moment. But that began to lead to a gradual relapse. At that point I decided to go ahead with more anthelmintic, this time PP. That led to a freight train hitting me, so I waited it out, until I dared to start the herbs again, low. I watched carefully and noted that they were helping the symptoms, so now I'm at full dose and beginning to feel fairly good again. The question is whether I should have maintained the herbs all the while. (During all this, though, I did double down on herbs that mostly support rather than kill, such as Shisandra, Motherwort, Stephania, Skullcap, and Milk Thistle.)
So I don't know whether it was a case of herx due to PP, or whether it was a flareup due to the accumulative lack of herbs. As I said, the amount of PP I took was minuscule, and it is supposed to be one of the more mild Anthelmintics. I'm beginning to suspect I need to maintain the herbs throughout. The question becomes, which AntH to use next week. I will give it more time for the dust to settle.
Thanks much for your helpful input!