running wild said...
Yes. No Lyme near Boston. HA. If there isn't Lyme near Boston, no one should have it most anywhere.
Lymie 24 - Has to be same doctor. Cool Springs-Franklin. Is that same Dr. K you are seeing, fjdrill? He was the first LLMD I saw back in 2013, and I've seen him several times since. Originally, he had a pic line put in and I tried clindamycin. It was too much to handle as I started shaking so bad I couldn't hold the phone to call someone for 10 minutes and fever went up to 105.7. It took an hour to stop shaking and fever stayed high for about 4 hours. Tried it again next day (I had no idea what a herx was then if it was a herx) and similar happened.
I called the LLMD and asked if he could change it to Bcillin. Over time, with other meds thrown in, it did wonders. Was 85% better for all of 2015 and half of 2016. Then heart surgery (sorry I've told this story before). Haven't been the same since heart surgery. It just let Lyme and friends back in. But I find him very caring and really tries to look at a lot of angles. I also went to Biologix last year. While it helped, especially with EBV, something is still hanging on , and those at Biologix still are kind enough to keep coming up with ideas and contacting me. I trust both the LLMD and Biologix. Both are very caring.
And no, you couldn't possibly have gotten Lyme in Lebanon if I couldn't have gotten it in Bristol on a mountain full of deer as I crawled through brush. As the infectious disease doctor said yesterday, there is no Lyme in Tennessee .
Branin - Best move may have bene to tell the infectious disease doctor you are homeless or soon will be if you don't get rid of the Bartonella. And yes, very familiar. So what are you doing now to treat?
Yes, I have been seeing Dr. K for over 4 years. He's a great person and a good Lyme doc. To be fair, he's the only Lyme doc I've ever see. Through my investigation his methods of treatment seem fairly standard among LLMDs. Sometimes my spouse wants to see a different LLMD, but I remain skeptical that would accomplish anything. I'm not opposed to a different viewpoint, but antibiotic treatment is antibiotic treatment.
Unfortunately, I haven't recovered under him. I have had periods of moderate success such as when I first visited him and the first time I tried Disulfiram, but it never stuck. That is frustrating because I want to succeed for my both myself and him. I actually get the feeling he cares about
his patients. He has tried to get me to try IV abx in the past, but I'm unconvinced it is superior to oral abx and it seems to carry much more risk. Plus, a big part of me being able to somewhat handle this chronic illness is the ability to sweat, exercise, detox. Not being able to do that with a PICC line in would probably lead to a rapid downfall in my physical and mental well-being. On the other hand, my illness is significantly neurological. Maybe I should give IV a chance. If it worked it would be worth the risk. I haven't seen any evidence that IV abx does much better than oral in chronic Lyme. That's my issue.
Currently, I'm building back up on Disulfiram and I've added some tinctures such as Crypto and Hottunyia. Dr. K wants me to do some IV stuff such as Ozone, Vit C, etc. I likely will try these things soon to see if they help reduce symptoms, however, I am a bit worried about
doing too much at once. Over time I have become more and more sensitive to treatment. I feel that I get over-toxified quickly.