This might be a stupid question, but:
If you are having a bad reaction while on abx / herbs for an undiagnosed TBD, is that a 'positive' sign that you have toxins and die-off? Or is it just the reaction to the abx?
If you go off abx / herbs for 24 hours and still feel bad, does that rule out it being just a drug reaction and make it more likely the toxins irritating you are die-off related?
Of course, this is after you've ruled out other issues with MRIs / specialists / bloodwork / nerve conduction studies, etc.
I basically figured out I had Lyme and Bartonella on my own by experimenting and taking Cat's Claw. I wasn't taking anything else at the time, and had been told I had Multiple Sclerosis. Well 30 minutes after taking a Cat's Claw pill I went into visible spasms on the left side of my body -- which was one of my "MS" symptoms. I thought "Why the hell would an herb cause an MS symptom?" I had suspected Lyme at this point, which was why I bought the Cat's Claw in the first place. I tried it again a week later and the same thing happened.
Then I saw an LLMD, had bloodwork done, and it confirmed Lyme and Bart. Some LLMD's will use treatment to confirm the diagnosis. At my first appointment my LLMD said: "If you react to the herbs we know we're on the right track."
If you are off herbs/antibiotics for 24 hours and still reacting it can still just be a herx. I have had herxes last 7-10 days; I was very toxic, full of bacteria, and have trouble detoxing.
If you detox and feel even a little bit better then you are probably herxing.