There's the old joke that the patient comes into the doctor and says his arm moves a certain direction. The doctor says "well just don't move your arm that way".
Well, clearly that's some pretty lousy advice, but with the state of medical care in the country it really benefits you to pursue alternate therapy. My guess would be that you most likely have sinus problems as apposed to migraine pain. If your sinus areas hurt all the time, that's the most likely problem. If so, count you blessing. Sinus pain and headaches can be easily diagnosed and treated. The fist thing I would suggest doing would be to get a Pedi-Pot, which look like a pitcher with the spout located at the bottom as the pot. Fill is with pure saline liquid like you can find in the contact care area of a store.
Pour the saline solution into the pot, then lean your head over a sink, plug one nostril, and inhale the liquid up the other side of your nose. It will drain out the other side, clearing all the allergic just out of your head. Repeat the procedure on the other side. It should really make your head feel better. This procedure can be repeated as often as necessary.
The other suggestion would be to consult an allergy doctor to be tested to what things trigger an allergic reaction.
Hope this helps. The whole right side of my head hurts when I get a migraine, so I totally know how miserable you are. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Best of luck,
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ
- Divorced, 42, no children
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Impacted Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(four molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Lexapro, Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab, Trazadone, Buspar, Nexium, Tramadol, Phenergan, PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Internal Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett