OMG!!! Run away from the Topamax has fast a you can. The side effects are horrible and permanent. Durning the time I was taking Topamax (also know as Dopamax), it totally destroyed all
sorts of brain function. My shotterm memory is fried, I can't come up the the vocabular that I want to use normally. I can't spell any more. I can't concentrate on important situations, I can't even carry on a decent conversation, and my writing skills are rotten. I can't spell jack anymore. This is making me nuts, but I'd rather be this way that too be back on Topamax. By the way, the Topamax damage never goes away. I don't mean to be a downer, but I just don't want to have other people suffer the same problems I did. In the end, it's your decision.
Best of Luck!!!
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ
- Divorced, 42, no children
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Impacted Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(four molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Lexapro, Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab, Trazadone, Buspar, Nexium, Tramadol, Phenergan, PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Internal Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett