First, let me say welcome to the Migraine Forum. You will find that we are a very supportive group, and are full of information and experience with all sorts of different kinds of migraines and other types of headaches. Regardless of your individual symptoms, I'm sure at least one or two, if not several, people will be able to identify with your particular symptoms. I don't think we've come across someone that we can't help.
As far as feverfew, I tried taking it as a preventative measure for a couple of years, but unfortunately, it did not help me in the slightest. I'm sure others will chime in if they've had any experience with this herb. A very well-regarded neurologist suggested I take it, and I gave it a long time to kick in, but the results were non-existant. Hopefully, someone else will have better luck that they can pass on to you.
Best of luck!!!
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ, stomach problems
- Divorced, 43, spawn-free
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Impacted Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(ten molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Prozac, Klonopin, Atenelol, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab/Percocet, Trazadone, Buspar, Protonix, Tramadol, Visteryl, Carafate Suspension, Co-Q10, B2(Riboflavin), Remifemin(Black Cohosh)
- PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Mysterious Internal GI Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett