Posted 1/5/2010 12:24 AM (GMT -6)
Hi I've had migraines (5 to 10 a month) and chronic headaches for 14 years now. The last couple of years I've gotton some odd things that didnt seem headache related and went in for a dr's visit. She thought possible fibro and sent me to a rheumy running me through a lot of testing but isnt sure what it could be although Meneire's and Fibro are 2 things he's looking at. For the past 5 years I havent been treated for the migraines because I found I was a lot better off by adjusting diet, sleep, and avoiding triggers although the meds I tried only seemed to worsen my condition. But now I am also going to check back in with a neurologist to see how much of this could be from migraine. I'm having a difficult time sorting through symptoms because some are a worsening of previous migraine symptoms or close to the same thing but vary enough that it might be something else. I've had some new things develop slowly over the past 2 years that I'm not sure about so I was hoping someone here could say if they get any of these symptoms I list with migraines.
1) severe back pain includes spasms, touching it causes spasms and/or a sensation like electric shocks shooting off in different directions
2) whole body jerks, twitches, buckling knees, arms jerk and dont want to obey
3) Hearing sensitivity that does not include migraine or headache but actually causes severe pain to my ear (like someone jabbed it with a toothpick) and noise causes my ear to vibrate and causes a loss of balance (not vertigo but I feel like I'm going to fall and have to hold onto to things) often accomanied by motion sickness (and I NEVER had motion sickness before in my life)
4) I sometimes cant talk or have trouble talking which isnt new but now I seem to have trouble all the time putting words in the wrong order, saying the wrong word, or creating new words by combining or adding syllables at the end (which is definitely new)
5) So cold I sweat (like I just got out of the shower) and/ or feels like I have cold IV's running into my arms and legs.
6) Pain to shoulder severe enough to cause seizures and loss of consciousness
7) All over weakness and out of breath from simple tasks (comes and goes) feels like I ran a race but in fact all I might have done is taken a bath.
8) Do not feel pain from cuts, burns, or bumping into objects (comes and goes mostly seems to affect my arms the right one more than the left)
9) All over flu like pain mostly moderate with migratory pains that come and go that are severe
My apologies I know this is rather long but I'm trying to figure out what could possibly be from a migraine and what could be from something else. All the things listed have started in the past 2 years and it would be helpful to know if anyone has any of these symptoms with migraines. Thanks for your time reading and any info.