really sorry you have been feeling soo bad! i have had migraines for lots of years. here are a few things i would recommend from my experiences:
1. drink a lot of water. enough to where you are running to the facilities quite often...
2. see if coffee helps - you can just try a big cup of coffee at the start of a headache (if you have a "start") and see if it goes away... if it doesn't go away, then steer clear of coffee, chocolate, and other things that have caffeine... it could be a "trigger" for you.
3. can you do neck exercises at you desk at work maybe a 2 or 3 times a day? just close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and roll your neck slowly two times completely in a circle in one direction and then two times completely in the other direction? if not at your desk, then run to the bathroom and stand and do it. it just relaxes the neck muscles and seems to help. you can also do a couple of shoulder shrugs when you are done.
4. keep a list of how much medicine you take and what time you take it for the migraines and bring that to the doctors with you.
5. the doxycycline should have worked to start relieving a sinus infection in 4 days at the most, so if you still have pain, it may be a different source.
6. for the maxalt, did you take a second pill 2 hours after the first? for a bad headache, that is what is recommended. if two tablets don't work at all, then either it is not a migraine or THAT particular medicine doesn't work for you. maybe you could try imitrex (sumatriptan here in the usa) or frovatriptan or relpax or one of the many other triptans? they have found that if one does not work in a person another might, so it may be worth the try, but don't count one out until you try the maximum dose... especially if you can get the samples! (free is a good cost... :)
7. also, have you seen a neurologist? if your stress goes away and you still have the headaches, you might want to see a neurologist. they can help get the best meds and also can help you figure out what is causing the migraines.
8. ooh, I almost forgot - my doctor always tells me to get more sleep... good luck with that, but I thought I'd mention it...
Also, some other symptoms I get are: nausea, numb hands and feet, vomiting... so if you get those symptoms, you may be lucky enough to have migraines... ?
Congratulations on the house! I hope you start to feel better so you can enjoy it!
chi town girl