Posted 4/28/2011 11:57 AM (GMT -7)
1. I been with chronic Headaches for over 5 years. I had headaches all my life and use to have sinus headaches but now that I have limited milk that has improved
2. dx with migraine.
3. Most of the headache are due to exhaustion, fibromyalgia, poor sleep, trouble falling asleep, need to take Lunesta, lack of food.
I will have daily headaches but tolerable so I try not to take any medications as this can cause rebound headache.
My severe headache usually is in the AM on arising. Nausea, blurred vision, no aura, it can be temporal or frontal then it moves to posterior,
I take the abort med - Treximet and from there I will have headache relief but then a fibro flare up of full body pain. Sleep improves my headache. This can last one day to two days.
4. I feel it is my sleep. I do get 8 hours but what is the quality of my sleep? I wondered about a sleep study but read that sometimes Cpap can help this but the sleep study will not be conclusive to justify getting Cpap.
5. Treximet or zomig, then ultram for the full body pain. I feel if I can sleep my day away with decrease stimuli that would help it pass. I am on Verapamil 240 mg BID for prevention of the headaches.
I have tried acupuncture with no relief. Massage can be helpful for my mood, I try to walk for exercise. Biofeedback - being in tune with muscle tightness. I feel I push myself and do not take breaks during the day to help my exhaustion.
6. Treximet usually helps with the ultram. I just do not want to be taking this medication weekly as it has cardiac side effects when using long term.