I have been having awful headaches for months now and I'm beginning to wonder if they are migraines. I used to think they were sinus-related and the doctor gave me 2 rounds of antibiotics, steroid spray, nasal irrigation and when those things didn't give me any relief they did a sinus CT scan which came back negative. She then referred me to an allergist, which I have not seen yet. I starting to doubt that it's purely sinus. There was never any real sign of an infection (no fever or green/yellow mucus) and I read that many sinus headaches are really misdiagnosed migraines.
Here are my symptoms:
- Constant pressure behind my eyes and forehead. Gets worse when I lean forward. If I press on my forehead or eyes, I can feel a change in pressure inside and sometimes will feel congestion drain down my throat when I do this
- Tender face
- Tender head, especially the top and sides. These spots feel like bruises and aren't always in the same place. If I push on areas of my head, I can feel pressure in my sinuses
- Deep "Itchy" sensation in various areas of my head and in my eyes and in my sinuses
- Head and face pain that changes location and intensity. It can be anywhere from the back of my head, the top, the side, my face. It ranges from dull ache to sharp stabbing pain. It does happen on both sides, but the right side is definitely more affected than the left.
- Right side of my face feels slightly numb and tingly, almost like I've had Novocaine and my right eye feels like it vibrates sometimes. The sharp stabbing pain tends to happen in the right temple
- If I push on my nose, I get a sharp pain up into my forehead
- Pain sometimes radiates down into my front teeth and into my jaw
- Sometimes I feel lightheaded, dizzy and just "out of it.' When I walk sometimes it almost feels like I'm floating and not perceiving things clearly.
- I can still function, but sometimes feel like I'm tripping over words more frequently and have more typos. I feel like I'm in a bit of a mental fog
- I feel clumsy and sometimes feel like my hands and legs aren't working quite right
- I don't know if this is related to the headaches, but I've also had pain in my left shoulder off and on for a few years that radiates into my back and chest sometimes. It's not heart-related, I've already been checked. I feel like it's nerve-related somehow. It often surfaces when I'm having this "sinus" stuff.
- My anxiety has been really bad as well... and I'm not sure if my anxiety is causing these symptoms or if the symptoms are causing my anxiety.
Do any of you migraine sufferers experience these symptoms? I'm trying to figure out what my next steps are. I just want to start feeling better and am not sure where to go from here.