Posted 10/31/2013 10:37 AM (GMT -6)
Hello, I am new to this forum, this is my first post. Just a short history about me, I have suffered anxiety and hypochondria (health anxiety) since my teens. I am 37 now. I always worry about disease and it looks I always have something. Anyway, this year has been tough. I had a mammogram because I was having breast pain which was normal. Then I got stomach/colon pain (I have IBS) got a CAT scan normal, blood work normal (this was in June)
I was put on Escitalopram (generic of lexapro) about 3 months ago. While on it I started developing this weird head sensations and headaches. They told me the headaches will go away after the second month. I couldn't take it any longer and I quit cold turkey after 7 weeks. Now I am here 3-4 weeks after stopping lexapro and this CHRONIC daily headache doesn't go away. My symptoms right now are
- Daily headache - mild and sometimes I don't need tylenol. It's worse as the day goes by. It feels like my scalp is tight and sore in some places too.
- Weird head sensations, like jabbing pain in different parts of the head
- Eye pain (especially with exaggerated movement) - my ophthalmologist told me it was dry eyes, game drops and it feels much better
- Neck pain and shoulder pain - extremely tight
- Last night started with numbness in right arm, and tingly sensation in hands and feet.
I am seeing a chiropractor who is not helping too much and told me I have candida. So he put me on a strict diet and a bunch of supplements for 3 weeks. I am almost done with week 1.
I am so worried that I made an appointment with a neurologist. He will see me this Monday. I am so worried that I have something really wrong with me.
But could it just be anxiety or something else? Please I need some support.
Thanks so much for reading!