My doctor put me on Topamax as a migraine preventative in conjunction with my Inderal LA. I've been on Topamax before and it didn't work well and made things taste funny. He wanted me to try it again, that maybe combined with the Inderal I would have a different and positive reaction. I took two doses and my mouth, tongue and throat broke out in sores. It was terrible. My tongue was raw, the roof of my mouth hurt and I could barely swallow anything. So I called his office the next day and left a detailed message, a book really, about
what was going on and asked what he wanted me to do. I received no return call and therfore no advise. I called again several hours later. Still no phone call. So I called a meeting between me, myself and I and I won and am no longer taking the Topamax. I haven't had any for about
3 days now, I think. My days get all muddled together. During this process, I'm continuing to call my doctor's office and leaving messages, getting progressively pissy. It is now Friday night and have yet to hear anything. And guess what? The mouth sores are clearing up, almost gone, roof of my mouth is much better and my throat feels much better also. So my conclusion is that it was the Topamax. Now, however, I'm back to my original problem of the migraines at least once a week. So either way, I'm screwed. And now I'm mad to boot. I have an appointment with him in about
two and a half months. Do I wait until then to tell him I DC'd the Topamax or call and get in ASAP? I'm obviously getting nowhere with the phone calls. Any advise would be helpful. Please.