Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed. We had storms here yesterday (although not as severe as was predicted) and no headache. The night prior to the predicted storm, I took my Relpax, 1/2 prednisone and Dilaudid 2mg. Then, when I woke up yesterday morning, I took another Dilaudid. So far, so good. This will be the first time in months that I haven't had a migraine and ended up in the ED when we had rain. I truly believe that the key is to take your meds the second you feel the first twinge of a headache and also to watch the weather forecasts. I am still unsure what to look for - high pressure, low pressure, change, etc. but right now I feel like if I can see there is rain or storms coming, that is the time. Now, some will say that taking the Dilaudid is not great; however, my thought is that taking 1 or 2 2mg Dilaudid po has to be better than having it IV in the ER. Any thoughts? Hope all of you are well today. Please share any thoughts or ideas you might have on this. I am all ears! Also, the Relpax makes me terribly sleepy - my neurologist has said that it is not the actual med that causes the sleepiness but the fact that your vessels are going from dilated to normal - either way, I can't take it and function for several hours. Does anyone else have this problem?
DX: Migraines since June, 2006, kidney stones
RX: Daily - Verapamil, Trileptal
PRN: Relpax, Prednisone, Dilaudid, Lortab, Lidocaine Nasal Spray