My migraines started around 8 yrs old, and began getting treatment at age 12, back in 1978. Over all this time, I've been through every preventative and abortive available. Sometimes I've had emergency pain meds, but not on a consistant basis, and not at the strength I need to eliminate the pain of the migraine attack. My emergency fallback is a shot of Dilauded and Phenergan from the ER, usually once every week or two. I've been through several neurologists, specialists, and even pain management specialists. I've gone back to my original PCP, the doctor that started treating me at 12. He's put me back on the only abortive that ever worked for me, Stadol Nasal Spray, and has prescribed some mild Lortab as an emergency backup. He is taking things very slowly with me, as all doctors in this area are so paranoid about prescribing narcotics these days.
You are right, a shot of Demerol, once a week is no way to live. Are you currently seeing any doctor or taking any other medication to change the treatment rut you are in? What meds have you tried in the past? Just wondering. I would love to give you the benefit of my experience if you can give me a more detailed history of your migraines.
Just as an aside, one of my very good friends, Rebecca, is currently acting as wardrobe mistress to KISS, on their recent concert tours. She is responsible for making, fixing, altering and otherwise maintaining all their costumes and make up. She says the only really gross part is trying to dry out and improve the smell of the sweat soaked leather costumes between shows!! They just called her this week to do a four day trip for a concert in China! She's really excited, but she hates to fly. She says she will probably show up in Gene Simmon's reality show in the new third season. She had some camera time in season one doing a costume fitting. She gives us great inside info, which is a real hoot!!
Oh, one more thing. In your posts, it would help a lot if you used more punctuation and spacing between sentences. Thanks.
Hope to hear from you soon,
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ
- Divorced, 42, no children
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(four molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Lexapro, Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab, Trazadone, Buspar, Nexium, Skelaxin, Tramadol, Phenergan, Chantix PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Internal Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett