tried my new meds what a ride
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 7
| Posted 9/5/2007 2:28 PM (GMT -6)
sorry not been on for a while not been well and school holidays.
Anyway tried the tablets my gp gave me and i lost 3 days bits are comming back to me but still fuzzy i remember taking it before i went to bed as prescribed and waking up the next morning feeling wierd and not really in control my friends said that i was as high as a kite and made no sense. feel a bit better today day 4 but feel like ive had a night on the tiles needless to say havnt taken anymore and going to go back to my gp. has anyone else had a reaction like this before my sister says i should persivere its a side effect and will pass. iam a single parent and need to be able to function daily i can just about cope with the hemiplegic migraines dont think i need to add to the problem.
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 617
| Posted 9/13/2007 8:10 AM (GMT -6)
Starting a new medication, especially for migraines, is always tricky in the side effects realm. It would really help us to know what medication you were prescribed and what dosage you were instructed to take. Contrary to CIRCA (sorry Buddy), never stop any medication cold turkey without talking with your doctor or pharmacy first. Yes, it is bad to loose time like that, but it may be very temporary, or possibly an interaction with another medication you are taking. My migraine abortive (Stadol Nasal Spray) will make me very sleepy, and sometimes I can't remember whether I took it more than once, or if I have taken my other medications. Usually side effects are temporary, so if you can get through the first few dosages, the side effects are liable to wear off.
Please let us know how things work out.
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ
- Divorced, 42, no children
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(four molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Lexapro, Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab, Trazadone, Buspar, Nexium, Skelaxin, Tramadol, Phenergan, Chantix PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Internal Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett