Well I saw my neurologist this morning and he admitted he did not know what to do. He emphasized he does not want me to just go off all treatments, but does not like the idea of the chemo drugs. He has a MS patient that has been on them that has gone into heart failure. Although he did mention the possibility of rituxan and said he would have to fight the insurance company for it as it is still sonsidered experiemental. So he is going to refer me to a MS center/specialist at Barnes Hopspital in St. Louis.
Overall I am pleased that he is making the referral. I am not sure if I am willing to try any of these other drug therapies at this point. I am just going to try to not worry about it for now and wait until I have my appointment. It will probably take several weeks to get in.
Diagnosed April 2007
Started tysabri -- December 2007