Im sorry, I didn't know that we couldn't discuss that topic. It's a shame, I really wanted to know what people thought about
it. I am not taking anything now besides the Neurontin. My neurologist diagnosed me and I am waiting to see a MS specialist in September. I am hoping when I go there he can suggest another method of relief.
I agree with Gretchen...September is too long to wait. Can't you call your neurologist back and tell him that the neurotin isn't working? How long have you been on it..sometimes these things take awhile to show relief, and sometimes it's a matter of increasing the dosage or taking it at different times to make it effective. And sometimes it doesn't work when another medication can.
Why are you visiting the MS specialist in September? Is there some question about your diagnosis? Otherwise, seems like your current neuro could start you on one of the disease-modifying drugs now, and work with you to find pain relief.
I think if I were in your position, I'd be on the phone and back to visit him..or your primary care physician, as Gretchen suggested.
...I am not a doctor, nor health professional, and don't pretend to be one, here.....