As I mentioned in a post below, my neuro appt is next week and we'll discussing progression therapy. My neuro has already talked about Copaxone as an option he thinks would be good... but then he said I might want to hold off until it gets to a more aggressive stage because right now it seems to be in the "benign" stage. Just annoying symptoms and pain.
However, I'm wondering what is the deciding factor for or against progression therapy? I have insurance so it's not an economic issue. I also know there's programs out there... so how do I choose which one, what should I consider?
I've read up on Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxone, Rebif, a very little about Tysbri ... is there another?
I have no problems with needles, or daily routines. I've been on daily meds for 10 yrs now with the thyroid and the past 2 yrs with my pituitary for migraines.
Anyhow, any and all input is welcome. I'm just really curious. Like I told the doc, I've aggressively pursued getting an answer to what's going on because I'm 53 and I don't want to get to 60 and find out I coulda been doing something that might have prevented a serious decline by that time.
When we talk next week, I kinda want to go in ready to discuss it clearly with him. He'll do what I want... wait or go for it. I have friends with a daughter who's been on Avonex for years now but they said they'd wait til the last minute before doing it now if they'd known... but I'm not sure that's good thinking either. Any input is welcome.
Fear knocked ~ Faith Answered ~ No one was there! :)
~ Ephesians 6:13 ~ * ~ Psalm 27:1 ~