Hi, sorry if I end up repeating what others have asked already but I honestly am so tired I don't have the patience to read everyone's old posts (I've been trying to go through things for nearly an hour, supposed to be working, oh well...). I'm just feeling quite frustrated at the moment. I have been through so many tests that have all come up clear but I'm still having symptoms.
I've been (re)tested for Lyme's, autoimmune, active hepatitis C (I had a positive antibody test, apparently at some point in life I was exposed to it), and had a clean MRI. A little background - last year when I was still living in Maryland (which is where I am from) I was told that I had Lyme's disease. This was mostly based on my symptoms because my blood tests were only highly suggestive and not conclusive. For the past few months (off/ on) I have been experiencing similar symptoms as before. They are:
- fatigue/ i never wake up feeling rested even though i could sleep for hours and take at least a 2 hr nap every day
- tingling/ numbness in hands and feet. i cannot tell when my hands and feet are cold until i touch something warm
- memory/ cognitive problems. kind of a brain fog/ concentration problem.
- pain in right side of my neck radiating into my shoulder/ arm/ fingers
- sometimes i have difficulty focusing my eyes a bit.
- my body feels heavy, especially when i wake up in the morning, like i really don't want to get up anyway b/c i'm tired but that certainly doesn't help when it feels like it takes so much effort to move
- pain my right calf, it often feels focused on one part of the muscle but sometimes the whole thing gets tight and painful.
- dizzyness/ sometimes have trouble with my balance. my neurologist did a basic physical exam and i almost fell over when i was supposed to stand with my feet together when my eyes were closed.
and a new one, for the past 3-4 days my back has been feeling like it's asleep (very tingly/ numb) right below my left shoulderblade. i've tried sitting differently, moving my arm around and it will not go away.
The MRI of my brain came back clean and so far everything else has not had any helpful results. I am just tired of no one having any answers. It's tough because most of my symptoms are so general and can't be linked to one specific cause. Everything could be explained by everyday type issues (I could have a pinched nerve, I need new glasses, I'm dizzy, etc because I am overly tired, etc.). Is it possible/ likely that I could still have MS? This was one of my old doctor's worries last year but it seemed like it got brushed off as one of the possibilities.
I know that the simple answer is to go back to the neurologist, I just needed to vent and see if my experience has been typical for anyone else.