I am hoping I am getting this e-mail out there properly. Thanks you so much for your inputs. Oddetsmom I very much appreciate your info. about IVIG. I had my appointment this past week. As for what approach, we decided to first get a new MRI. See what that shows. The last MRI was last Spring. The doc did tell me that they also receommend 2 chemo drugs, Cellcept, taken orally and Cytoxin, about once evry 6 weeks thru an IV. He felt the steroid type med works best. The only thing about me is that the steroids have helped some what, usually not kicking in for about 3-4 weeks. It is not like some who have the steroids (solu-medrol, and then their symptons are gone immediately. I have had the steroids (solumedrol) before and never had the headache. He thought maybe I am incredibly tense, (which is often true) and thus thought that if I was willing, maybe do a muscle relaxer the night before the solumedrol, the day of the treatment and the day after. Also, if necessry Tylenol 3. (pretty druggy eh?) We did talk about the IVIG and we will see. It is encouraging to hear how well you have done with IVIG.
I will keep you posted and THANK YOU for all of your input.