Doctors confuse me

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 7/6/2011 6:08 PM (GMT -6)   
So, I began going to the doctor two months ago because I was having trouble feeling tempitures in my hands and feet, I had numbness in my right side in both my foot and hand and occasionally my face. My leg also feels heavy like its in mud when I try to walk. I have dizzy spells and I fall down a lot. I've had vertigo a few times and have been suffering from migraines for most of my adult life. With in the last week my tung has gone numb and I'm having trouble remembering how to do simple tasks. The Dr. ordered an mri. I saw a neurologist today to talk about the results. The neurologist said that I had plaques and possible ms, then he went on to tell me that I am just depressed and need to go to counseling. I told him that I am not depressed but I am concerned and slightly irritated at what's happening to my body. He said no, that im fine I just need help with the depression and sent me on my way. When I got home I looked up what ms is and I have a lot of the symptoms. Why would a dr just say I have depression if i have the side effects of ms and an mri that says possible ms? I'm confused because I dont feel depressed and I know something is wrong with me, I dont know if its ms, but its not depression.

Regular Member

Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 43
   Posted 7/7/2011 5:52 AM (GMT -6)   
If you say your not depressed, and your doctor doesn't believe you, and your not in front of them crying your eyes out in serious distress, then that doctor is a peice of crap, and it's time to go on to the next neurologist. Call your GP and tell them how you was treated and ask for a referral to a different neurologist. It's the best thing you could do for yourself. It's very understandable that your concerned and irritated, you shouldn't have to see a councelor because of that.

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 3571
   Posted 7/7/2011 6:49 PM (GMT -6)   
Get a copy of your MRI on CD along with the written report. Find an MS specialist. Go for a second opinion. Your local MS society chapter can give you a list of doctors in your area.
Diagnosed with MS July 2006

I have no lesions on my soul and so I live with no limits.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:45 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,004,474 posts in 329,146 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161740 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Liz in Colorado.
222 Guest(s), 13 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
mirowpl, Kent M., paul_t, Mrseaglea, The Dude Abides, Redwing57, Sherrine, Pratoman, Indigo69, Eaglet, 61Impala, scorpio-girl, kittytalk371