I need to rant just a bit if you don't mind. I have had MS for many years and only found out March 5th that is what caused all of my symptoms. So I was unsure about
my treatment that I had picked out. I'm scared to death of needles! My doctor wanted me to take injections every day. I had maybe 10 min. to decide how I was going to handle my MS for the rest of my life. I told my doctor that I wanted to only take one shot a week, little did I know this was the one that I was wanting to avoid. I tried to talk to the nurse about
it before she set my paper work up for the once a week. She cut me off in my tracks! That night I came home and read all the info and did some research on-line. I take care of my grandson. I didn't want to take a medicine that could cause me to have a seizer. I was scared to death that if I took this med. and had one while at home alone with him, what would he do? He is only two. I called the next day to try and get them to change my med. The nurse could not understand why I didn't want to take the chance on the injection with my grandson. She stereo typed me. Yelled at me and just got nasty! Now since my doctor is retiring in May, he has referred me to another doctor. When I went to the office to fill out the paper work so they could transfer my paper work, I was treated like some crazy person that they really didn't have time for. I have never taken anything to slow the progression of my MS. I have an appointment with my new doctor on May 3 @ 8am. So it's not a month but close enough. How long do you think it will take for this doctor to put me on something?
I know that due to the night of researching the med. and dealing with the nurse. Yesterday I had one of the worse flares that I have had yet.....Shouldn't I be able to decide what treatment that I would like with out having someone get nasty with me? I know I will have this for the rest of my life. I should be the one to have time to think about
what kind of treatment I want to be on, with what kind of side effects?
What worries me, I was ready to get started on something a month a go, but my doctor insisted that I have a spinal tap done first. As bad as some of my flares are, I'm scared to have to wait as long as I'm going to wait before starting something....I have lost a lot of use in my left hand as it is. Yesterday I couldn't talk right for about
80% of the day. What should I do? Should I call the new doctor and see if they have a cancellation if I could have that appointment?