Posted 4/18/2014 10:04 PM (GMT -7)
Hi everyone, I hope today finds you well.
I was wondering if people could give me a little advice on what I am experiencing.
I will write a list of things I am currently suffering with and hopefully someone can advise on my best course of action.
1. Numbness and tingling: thighs, arms, shoulder, back of head, feet, groin, buttocks.
2. Burning sensation: as above. Mostly at night in bed. Mostly after laying on affected part for 20 seconds but can happen instantly.
3. Gritty feeling eyes.
4. Floaters in eyes, usually black in colour but occasionally a pinky purple colour.
5. Migraines, at least 5 a month accompanied by vomiting.
6. Pain in upper arms, thighs, shoulders and lower legs (calf muscle).
7. Tired, achy legs. Especially after standing in one position for 2 minutes or more. Usually followed by the burning feeling listed at no.2
8. Clumsiness. I frequently walk into door frames, cupboards, sofa, anything that happens to be where I am,
9. Pain when walking. Sometimes I secretly wish I had a wheelchair or a walking aid I could sit on as the pain gets so intense.
10. Insomnia. Severe insomnia. Its 5.44am and I cant sleep and haven't been able to for 3 days now.
11a. Forgetfulness: I frequently cannot remember the name of things/people/places.
11b. I frequently forget what I am doing or saying.
12. Falling over or stumbling often. I have had random strangers accuse me of being drunk in the morning.
13. Muscle wastage in my legs and arms (dx'd by a Doctor)
14a. Unable to tolerate sunlight. (we don't get much where I live but when we do I live outside in the garden because the heat helps with the pain but it makes my eyes water and my head hurt and I have to wear the darkest sunglasses with a very high uv protection)
14b. Unable to tolerate artificial lighting in the house. Especially in the morning and in the eveing. Even the light from the tv hurts.
15. Twitching in my legs, arms at night. Very annoying!
16. Pain in chest in the centre of my rib cage.
17. Dizziness. I often feel as though I am on a ship and I am convinced I must be swaying. Husband says I am not.
18. This is a strange one. sometimes in the evening, whilst sat on the sofa with my husband or whilst laid in bed, I will ask him to stop "jigging about" as it feels as though the sofa or the bed is vibrating. He will tell me he is not moving but I swear the bed or sofa is moving. Almost like someone is using a jack hammer under the sofa or bed. I have thought at times we are having an earthquake but nobody else seems to feel it.
19. Trouble urinating. As in it wont come out. I can be bursting for the toilet but when I get there nothing happens unless I bend right over so that my chin is on my knees. Only then can I pass water.
20. Feeling like nobody loves me, like I am completely on my own. (I do have some issues with my family, too long to go into but long story short, I have not spoken to my parents in two years).
21. One minute I have a normal sex drive and the next I cant stand the thought of it. I have also noticed I am somewhat dry down below.
22. Frequent trouble with opening my bowels. I just went 11 days without doing so despite feeling like I needed to. In the end I took a laxative.
So that is my list.
I am 36 years old, very happily married with a 16 year old Son, a 14 year old Daughter and a 12 year old Daughter, I used to foster babies but I became too ill and had to stop.
Previously diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2008/2009.
When I showed my Doctor the list, he told me that it is "just Fibro".
Is he right do you think? He flat out refused to refer me to see anyone else. There are other Doctors in my practise but they take one look at my notes and say the same thing. "it's just Fibro".
The thing I am most concerned about is the burning numbness thing. It can be very painful but mostly it is very very very annoying as when I do manage to sleep, it wakes me every ten minutes all through the night.
Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish you all a pain free, healthy day.