My hubby gets shock sensations, he says it feels like being electrocuted. The neuro says it's a misfire of nerves. He has numbness and soreness too but it's unclear if it's actually related to the shock itself.
The hot/cold thing is a sensory problem that sometimes occurs. For him hot feels cold and cold stings, it's the only way he can tell the difference. Please be careful that you don't scald yourself, and test water temperature with an uneffected part of the body to be safe.
Allow Healing Well to continue to help others, clink link for details